most ota channels

krisman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
tn
i have a ku band fta dish. i was looking into hooking up to an antenna too. i have an antenna hooked up outside but it is kind of old and weak, have to have a signal amp to get reception. already have the converter box, was wondering what kind of antenna to get, model and everything so i can get the most ota channels. if an indoor antenna would work and how well it would work with an fta system already hooked up. and if there is a difference in the brand of converter boxes or antennas.

so does that mean i wont get any channels? i dont really need anything but cw and nbc. is there anything i can do?

Krisman the only channels TV fool shows after transition are CH14 PBS 52PBS and 20CW all on the edge from three different directions. The only good thing is they are UHF so you don't need a huge antenna for reception but you will need a fringe area UHF antenna and a Pre amplifier and a rotor to get 3 questionable stations. I couldn't justify the expenditure for myself.

so you guys think that the dtv transition is just going to leave me out in the cold? this just doesnt seem right, i mean why in the world would local abc and nbc not come in with dtv when it was coming in fair with an antenna?

well the antenna i have now is an outside one that stands about 10-15 feet tall. would it make a difference? and what if i replaced it witha long range antenna?

i filled out my neighbors address on tv fool, and he is getting almost 15 channels with his, and he lives about 300 feet away. what is the difference?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts