Best Antenna

titanman100

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
I just purchased a Clearstream 4 antenna and installed it in my attic and the picture was even worse then the cheap radio shack antenna already up there. I live in a subdivision where antenna's can not be placed on the roofs. I realize that legally they probably do not have a leg to stand on but as I stated in my earlier post I just want to keep the peace. I would like to receive my local channels that are 50 miles and all in the same direction. The antenna will have to be in my attic and it would be 35 feet high. What would be the best antenna for this situation if money is no object .

I am using rg-6 cable and only need to go to 1 t.v. also tvfool doesn't list 2 stations that i know are availible. the length from antenna to t.v. is about 100 ft.

Attachments

• Radar-All[1].PNG
    Radar-All[1].PNG
    43.9 KB · Views: 189
If that is the report for your exact location, even the best outdoor mounted antenna would be a long shot with those signal strengths, and obstructions. Did you run TV FOOL with your address or geographic coordinates?

1.go get yourself a winegard HD8200U and a AP 8275 preamp
2.stick it up on the roof, run rg 6 coax cable to the tv
3 google otard, print out multiple copies
4. give to neighbors and HOA
5. go tell the neighbors and HOA to go F&*K themselves:D:D
6. Sit down on Lazy Boy Crack open your favorite brewed beverage
7. Enjoy free Uncompressed OTA HDTV.
8. Write dodge an email and say thanks:):)

With that TVFool report you will likely never get reliable signal in the attic.

I ran TVFool reports for your zipcode with elevation up to 200 ft. - tough situation.

Since all signals are VHF - go with the Winegard 8200 and the AP 8275 pre-amp.

May not get you stable signal in daytime.

Mount it as high as possible - I recommend a 200 ft tower, but that is not practical, so go as high as possible.

Right now pretty much everything you can get is VHF, and an attic mount probably won't cut it. You'd probably want one of the big Winegards that also grab low VHF (especially if you'll still have some low VHF after the transition). The 8200/8275 combination previously mentioned is probably one of the best combinations in your case. The 8200U has slightly better gain on most of VHF but the specs show the 7084 is a little better on Channel 6 which one of the stations he'll be aiming for.

heres my suggestion for ya

AntennaCraft D9000 Discovery Deep Fringe VHF / UHF / FM HD TV Antenna Outdoor 91 Element Off-Air Local High Definition Digital Signal HDTV
havent heard it mentioned in really any antenna threads here
im only at most 18 miles from the towers inmy area then a crap channel is about 45-60 miles away
i get all channels
signals levels off dish vip 622
crap channel 45-60 miles out 78percent
rest of near by channels 98+
no preamp
split many times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)