"most valued" or "top" customer?

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I noticed in my last call they no longer say I'm one of their "most valued" customers. They now say I'm one of their "top" customers.

Has there been a change for everyone? Or is this perhaps to distinguish those with bills over $100? :D

Anyone still "most valued?"

I noticed in my last call they no longer say I'm one of their "most valued" customers. They now say I'm one of their "top" customers.

Has there been a change for everyone? Or is this perhaps to distinguish those with bills over $100? :D

Anyone still "most valued?"

They told me that for several years. I always carried the top package or the top package+premiums. Added HD in 2004. Warranty in 2001. It didn't seem to matter, one way or the other, until I asked them to disconnect. They made me feel like they were losing their firstborn. Offered 2 722s (I owned 2 622s) free premiums for 12 months and $50 off programming for a year. That was November 2008:D

Generally if you hear that "top customer" opening you're in a group of customers who will not get charged $5 for downgrading programming when talking to an agent. They will usually give you the script of "there is a $5 charge for downgrading but we'll waive that for you as a courtesy" before you could even ask for it to be waived.

Keep in mind if you downgrade thru the website or automated it will charge you the fee.

Generally if you hear that "top customer" opening you're in a group of customers who will not get charged $5 for downgrading programming when talking to an agent. They will usually give you the script of "there is a $5 charge for downgrading but we'll waive that for you as a courtesy" before you could even ask for it to be waived.

Keep in mind if you downgrade thru the website or automated it will charge you the fee.
:up
Yep Thats the Top Customer benifit.

I guess that I am nothing then. I can not be down graded any farther. I have the now discontinued "Absolute" package ONLY.

Let us know if next time you call, the recording says "I see you're one of our cheapest customers..." Maybe that will get you transferred to Mumbai. ;)

I wonder how many "free" downgrades you're allowed until you're no longer a top customer?

In my recent e-mail thread which started out with me being addressed as a "valued Dish Network Customer" I was later deemed as being "wonderful to us (Dish)", but by the end of the conversation I was downgraded to just being a "Dish Network Customer". Kinda felt like being a ping pong ball...with the paint coming off...!

A while back I had some dealings with a Dish csr and also got the most valued customer speech.

Just out of curiosity I asked what qualified me for such an honor (I figured they gave that line to everybody to make them "feel good")

According to the rep a number of factors goes into the determination including how much you pay, your years with Dish, and, believe it or not, your credit rating.

I got the "Top" customer thing this weekend. I wonder if it changed since I hit them hard after the February 1 price change fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)