Moto 6412 DVR with HDMI in detroit?

MulderU2

Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Right now, I have a Motorola 6412 without hdmi outputs. Comcast tells me that they dont have a dvr with hdmi, aka the 6412 Phase III. They can only give the the 3416, which does not include the dvr. I've read in some other forums that Comcast provides the Phase III in other markets. So I was wondering if anyone in the Detroit/Michigan area has a 6412 Phase III or other model with a dvr and HDMI outputs.

Right now, I have a Motorola 6412 without hdmi outputs. Comcast tells me that they dont have a dvr with hdmi, aka the 6412 Phase III. They can only give the the 3416, which does not include the dvr. I've read in some other forums that Comcast provides the Phase III in other markets. So I was wondering if anyone in the Detroit/Michigan area has a 6412 Phase III or other model with a dvr and HDMI outputs.

The 3416 is a DVR and has HDMI. Call them back and talk to someone who knows what they are talking about.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR

Stupid

I called comcast three different times asking if they had a HD box with DVR and hdmi. No was the answer. So the fourth time i called, I had a model to ask about, the 3412, and they said "yes. we have that model available..." WTF? I just need to bring the old box into the comcast office and switch it with the 3412 was what I was told to do. I guess I'll see what happens. Thanks for the help!

I had Comcast installed in the Nashville, area last week. Dual tuner HD with HDMI. I specifically asked for HDMI as I did not want to have to buy a DVI converter.

The box is crap, for an example I had it DVR Dream Team, on the Fox Soccer channel, when I sat down to watch it the picture kept shaking and the audio kept coming in and out. I forwarded it to see if it improved later and it didn't so I deleted it. On a lot of the channels audio in and out is a major problem. I just converted to Comcast from Dish Hd and am very disappointed. The HD is not bad however channels changing is very jerky and the box does crash often when changing channels. To fix it, you have turn off the box and back on. I hope they will resolve these issues as I beginning to wonder if I should have stayed with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts