Motorhome

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eldirv

Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
RV fulltimer
I’m a newbie to SatTV and I’m totally confused about what seems like a very simple situation and Dish Network themselves cannot answer my questions. Everyone at Disk Network I talk to says you can’t have SatTV in a motorhome which we all know is wrong.

I have bought a motorhome with a King Dome 9704-LP-30. Here’s what it can do:
Key Features:
· Dual LNB for two receivers
· DVB for positive satellite ID
· Automatic satellite switching
· One touch operation
· Smart search of the southern sky
· HDTV compatible*
Satellite TV Service Provider Compatibility
DIRECTV - 101
DIRECTV HD* - 101, 110, 119
DISH 500 - 110, 119
DISH 1000 HD - 61, 110, 119 (or) 110, 119, 129
Bell ExpressVU - 91
Bell ExpressVU HD - 82, 91

King-Dome Systems are compatible with Dish Network and Bell ExpressVU HDTV.
*Optional HD converter required to receive specially formatted HD signals from DIRECTV 110 satellite. These antennas do not receive DIRECTV Ka band signals from satellites 99 and 103.

Here’s all I want: One DVR receiver in the living room for one HDTV and another DVR receiver in the bedroom for the other HDTV.

Here my questions:
1) Can both receivers work for HD at the same time?
2) Will a two VIP612s work for this configuration?
3) Once I buy two receivers on eBay or something how do I activate them?
4) Since I will own all my equipment will I have to sign a contract?

Why is it impossible to get these questions answered from anyone at Disk Network?

I’d really appreciate any help I can get. I know this is very simple, but I just can’t get any answers. Thanks again...

That dish can only supply a signal to two tuners and with two DVR's you have a total of four tuners, so it won't work.

It also uses a dual lnb that is pointed at one satellite. It has to re-point when a signal is required from a different satellite and when it does both lnb's move to the new satellite. This means that both tuners have to watch stations received from the same satellite.

You can call and activate receivers you buy on ebay as long as they have a clear ROO number. ( Basically means no charges are owed on them)

No ,you don't have to sign a contract if you own the equipment.

There are other possibilities

Yes, for two DVR's you need two dome antenna's or one portable ground mount with a Dish Network dish.

Motosat offers a universal HD antenna. With their Dishnetwork configuration you can have 110,119,129 at the same time.

If you are possibly considering satellite internet as a full timer, you could get the Motosat system for satellite. With 127 as your internet service, you can have the BOW (bird on a wire) add-ons. I am on 127 and receive 110, 119 and 129 with add-on LNBFs. The 129 LNBF is referred to as the lipstick LNB. They are dual output so I could have two receivers if I wanted it. All I do is punch a button to search for the satellite. When it is found, I then have internet and Dishnetwork.

The BOW kits are no longer in production but there are a couple of installers that still have some. Check Datastorm users web forum. One of the installers is Dustyfoot.com

Last edited:
The problem with the Kingdome 9704 is that it can only look at one satellite at a time. If yours is like mine, it has two outputs that you could use for a dual input receiver, but you can still only look at one satellite.

I have also read reports that the dual receivers don't work at all. I got a VIP211 receiver. I just activated the DVR features with an external hard drive attached. From an operational point of view, it behaves identically as my VIP722 at home, except it only has one satellite tuner. It also has the same functionality for off the air tuning, but I haven't tried that yet.

I think trying to get two separate satellite receivers connected to the Kingdome may be an exercise in frustration. Maybe not.

What would you do?

I appreciate all the help. This is the kind of education I couldn’t get from Dish Network.

I’ll let you guys (or women) advise me then.

I have one Kingdome 9704. I have a mate that cannot live without her TV and DVR. We have two HDTVs. I want her to be able to do what ever she wants with the system, but I’d like to be able to watch and record some of the shows I like while she is watching her shows. I understand the Kingdome can only look at one satellite at a time. It seems now that I’ve gotten a bit educated that I should be looking at one DVR625 or a VIP722.

What would you do with these parameters? I’m most definitely open to suggestions.

Thanks again!

DVR625

Ok, so I just learned the DVR625 is just a DVR - no tuner, so forget that. I had no idea that watching TV could be sooooo complicated. So forget the DVR625.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)