722 and 211k EHD (External Hard Drive) Enabling Fee Combined?

sms1976

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2007
I have had some trouble with customer service over the $40 EHD enabling fee. I have been trying to get a 211k enabled, and after three phone calls it's still not working. A charge showed up on my online statement, so I hooked the EHD to my 722, and it works.

I called back and told them I didn't want the 722 enabled, I wanted the 211k enabled, and they told me the $40 fee now applies to all receivers on the account.

Suspicious though, as the 211k still doesn't get past the 499 screen where it says to call the 800 number to activate. I still haven't found an automated line that is mentioned in these forums.

The last person I talked to that told me the fee was now combined is the first person I talked to in tech support who had even heard of enabling a 211k EHD. I guess 1 out of 4 isn't that bad.

Anybody got any ideas?

Yep, EHD will work with all 622/722/612 receivers on one account. 211 is different software base and not interchangeable with the above. $40.00 per each series.

Yep, EHD will work with all 622/722/612 receivers on one account. 211 is different software base and not interchangeable with the above. $40.00 per each series.

Would the $40 per account fee span receivers in the 211/411/(future 222?) series?

So, how do I convince them that I need another activation? I've tried. Is there something specific I need to ask for? A supervisor, perhaps...

call tech support

That's who I've been talking to. I'm wondering if there's something I need to say to them to make them understand. So far, the tech support dept. hasn't even known that a 211k can have an EHD added.

I was reading something just now about a household key. What is that and should I mention it to them?

Thanks BobaBird! That worked. The CSR wouldn't have found it without me telling her that it was a separate drop-down menu below the 722/622 EHD drop-down.