Need advice with new HD install!!!

maddog5461

Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Southern Illinois
Hello All!
I have a basic install question. I have been a dish network subscriber for over 9 years. I HAD a dish 500 tuned to 110 and 119. I want to upgrade to a dish 1000.2 (110, 119, and 129) and a VIP 722 receiver. I have ONE TV, won't be using an over the air antenna. Whats the simplest way to set this up? Do I need a DPP 44 switch?? Will a DPP 34 switch work? From what I have read, you don't need either of those switches, but you CAN use them If you want. What exactly is the "splitters" I have been reading about, and do I need one of them? I just want the easiest set up. I will never have need for a second TV or antenna. THANKS for any replies, and advice!!!! Len P.

Dish will come out an install everything needed for no charge when upgrading to HD. Best to let them handle it.

You don't need any switches with the 1000.2, it has the switch built in. Install the dish and run one cable from any of the three outputs on the dish to a dishpro plus separator installed on back of the receiver. From the separator into to both tuners of the receiver. Done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)