Mounting 34" dish

dishsurfer

Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
The installer mounted my 34" dish (samsonic) using the hardware that came with it, a small mounting foot and two support arms. Unfortunately, he did a @#$% job on my flat roof and it is leaking. I want to move it to a vertical mounting on my reinforced eaves. But I don't want to use the support arms. Anyone have experience mounting a 34" or larger dish with standard dish mounting foot and mast?

thanks

cb

dishsurfer said:
The installer mounted my 34" dish (samsonic) using the hardware that came with it, a small mounting foot and two support arms. Unfortunately, he did a @#$% job on my flat roof and it is leaking. I want to move it to a vertical mounting on my reinforced eaves. But I don't want to use the support arms. Anyone have experience mounting a 34" or larger dish with standard dish mounting foot and mast?

thanks

cb
THe hardware come with the dish can be mount vertical or flat or at any type of roof, if your roof is leaking, the installer did not do a good job or he did not seal where he drill the screws in, in flat roof, I use asphal for sealant, that work everytime.

You can ask around for an universal mount and see if anyone has a spare, its like a DTV or Dish mount but is much bigger. But I really do not recommend mount this type of dish to your reinforced eaves, as 99% of the is type of eaves has nothing is solid inside, and stronger wind will eventually damage or tear off the whole section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)