Mounting of dish and signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whtevr77

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 30, 2003
Longmont, CO
Hello all...

I have searched for an answer to this question but didn't readily find an answer. My dish is mounted on the NW corner of my house about 5 ft above ground level. In this position, my house would appear to "block" about 1/3 of the potential signal. In other words there isn't a clear view to the entire dish. Could this possibly effect the amount of signal the dish receives and if so, would it be enough to effect PQ on a 48" RPTV? I know of the compression issues and was wondering if this positioning issue could make that even worse. My dad has his dish mounted with a "clear" view and I notice better PQ on SD material on his 42".

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I figured I could get the correct answer here. Thanks for any input...

The pan of the offset is some 22-23 degrees below the height it is pointing. No, signal strength does not affect picture quality. With a digital signal, either you get a picture or have pixilization or no picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)