Status
Please reply by conversation.

DiscoLoveGrapes

Zero Transponder Founded
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 14, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
I'm moving this weekend, right down the road from where I am now. My biggest concern about the move is going to be how I'm going to mount my dish.

The Good news is that there's a near-perfect southern view of the sky, with a dead tree in a neighbor's lawn being the only potential problem -- but even that seems to be a remote chance.

The bad news is that the landlord doesn't want the dish on the roof. He just redid it recently, and to his credit it's the best-looking duplex on a street filled with them, but he doesn't want holes on it. Still, that does put a cramp on plans.

A former tennet has a pole in the back for DirectTV that could be used, but it's right up against the house and would probably only see things from 93 westward. I'm thinking if I were to extend it another 5-10 feet, it will likely clear the house.

Otherwise, I hear people talk about buckets and concrete. I take it this will work with a 31" dish and a motor?

Any other suggestions? This may be a little bit of a challenge, but it should be fun.

As a temporary mount, I nailed a long and short 2x4 into the shape of a "T" and put a 40 pound sand bag on the end of the long end of the "T". I screwed one of Sadouns upright roof mounts to this. This is what I used with my 36" dish (no motor) for several months until I got a post into the ground. Worked really well. Maybe something along this line could keep you going until you decide on your final mount?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)