Suggestions for finding a used Ku dish

avsholler

Original poster
Sep 4, 2021
Dundee, OR
Hi Everyone,

After 20 plus years of dreaming about playing with FTA I finally have my own home and would like to jump in. I have been watching places like craigslist and facebook marketplace to locate used equipment to get started with and have come up empty handed. I was curious if anyone had suggestions of other resources for getting a dish/lnb on the cheap. My wife is on board for playing with the hobby but would like me to ease into it financially. I am located in Oregon and ideally would like to start with something like a 30" dish as I already have a dish network mount on the roof and would not need to rewire to start.

Also, I have been looking at STBs and keep coming back to GTMedia as a starter for both features and price... Does this sound like a good idea? Id love to get an edison but again, before I buy top tier gear I would love to make sure it's something that we will use and take advantage of fully.

Thanks for your help!

Helps to change up search on craigslist. I search for FTA, scrap metal, free, ku, directv,dish tv, dish antenna , c band, satellite and BUD. For a great quality box Titanium Satellite - Sales / Design / Development / Distribution /Customer Support has the edison osmio. He also has lnbs which i highly recomend. GEOSATpro Products - SatelliteAV has good size dishes and are in california so not to far to ship if looking for new.
I will take a look at these links.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Reactions: c-spand
Tell everybody you know that you are looking for a dish for FTA. They are larger than Dish Network or DirecTv dishes, so don't accept those. Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, word of mouth, and looking around carefully as you drive past houses. IF you see one that looks likely, stop in and ask if you can have it. If they say YES, have tools ready to remove it right there.

Oh yeah, IF you have any junker/scrapyards around close to you, pull in and ask them if they have any. They get LOTS of them, you can likely buy one very cheap, or they might even give it to you. Just make sure it doesn't look bent or torqued.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Tell everybody you know that you are looking for a dish for FTA. They are larger than Dish Network or DirecTv dishes, so don't accept those. Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, word of mouth, and looking around carefully as you drive past houses. IF you see one that looks likely, stop in and ask if you can have it. If they say YES, have tools ready to remove it right there.

Oh yeah, IF you have any junker/scrapyards around close to you, pull in and ask them if they have any. They get LOTS of them, you can likely buy one very cheap, or they might even give it to you. Just make sure it doesn't look bent or torqued.
Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: c-spand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts