Move 61.5 dish to other house

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
My mother just got a HDTV for her house and has dish network. She has a DISH500 with a DISHPro Twin LNBF. Can I detach our dish 500 with dishpro dual lnb from our roof, and install it on hers? I should just be able to plug the dual into the twin, right (I hope that's what the parts are called!)? I've never done this before, but from what I've read, this should work. I just want her to get some hd channels, without her having to extend her contract. Thanks!

Yes, the hookup should work, but if your mother does not have an HD receiver and subscribe to HD programing, she will not see any HD.

well, it can work IF that TWIN is a Dish Pro PLUS Twin, which has an IN port.

a plain old Dish Pro Twin does NOT have an IN port.

to get satellite HD man, you need four things: a dish pointed at a sat that has HD content, a Dish receiver that can recieve HD, an HD TV,, and be subscribed to HD programming.

got all of those things?

We already have a hd receiver (won it on this site, actually:)). I'm going to go check and see if it has an "in" port tonight. Since it is already pointed at 61.5 at my house, should the signal be pretty easy to find at her house?

So I just checked, and it turns out she has a dish 500 with a dish pro twin lnb. Can I just replace that lnb with a dish pro plus twin, and do what I planned on doing before? Is there a cheaper method? This is just going to a single 211, by the way.

So I just checked, and it turns out she has a dish 500 with a dish pro twin lnb. Can I just replace that lnb with a dish pro plus twin, and do what I planned on doing before? Is there a cheaper method? This is just going to a single 211, by the way.

replacing with a Pro Plus Twin would work just fine.

How about you just take the feed from the Dish Pro Twin and the feed from the Dish Pro Dual for 61.5 and combine them with a DP21 switch?

How about you just take the feed from the Dish Pro Twin and the feed from the Dish Pro Dual for 61.5 and combine them with a DP21 switch?

would that work? beats me, never done it, probably never will.

DPP Twins might be a little more "scroungeable" than DP21's anyway.

Well I think I'll take Andrewwski's advice and order a DP21 switch from the dishstore. If I were to get the other lnb, it would cost almost $40, where the switch is only $25. Another question for you guys, can I just remove the mounting off of my roof and use it on hers, or do I have to purchase new mounting equipment? Thanks!

That should work fine. The mount should work there...you'll just have to realign the mast so that it is plumb. Make sure you patch up the leftover holes in your roof then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)