Move 722 to another room

coltonjared

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Fort Branch IN
I’m trying to move my mother reciever to her living room for her but I’m having issues getting it working. I made a picture on how this thing is hooked up. It appears it would be simple to move the reciever the way the installer wired it up but I’m not getting signal nor is tv 2 working. What the best way to move this cause the room it’s currently in has a sdtv hooked to it and a hdtv as tv 2 so I want to flip it so she actually get her hd service. She said the installer said no one would understand the way he hooked it up.

Attachments

• 47320E0B-57DC-4BEC-8411-772771E43110.jpeg
    47320E0B-57DC-4BEC-8411-772771E43110.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 247
She's right. I don't understand why there are 2 diplexers for 1 receiver. Line from dish goes to Sat port on Diplexer. In/Out goes to receiver and connects to Triplexer. UHF/VHF goes to TV2. 2nd diplexor is not necessary, unless there's a 2nd dual tuner receiver, then connect that one the same way using the 2nd line coming from the dish

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
She's right. I don't understand why there are 2 diplexers for 1 receiver. Line from dish goes to Sat port on Diplexer. In/Out goes to receiver and connects to Triplexer. UHF/VHF goes to TV2. 2nd diplexor is not necessary, unless there's a 2nd dual tuner receiver, then connect that one the same way using the 2nd line coming from the dish
I tried to eliminate one of the diplexor and set it up as you said but didn’t work. She just has the one reciever. She did have another single tuner a few years ago but it’s unhooked. The only thing I can think of is to get under the house and follow the lines to make sure nothings hidden

I tried to eliminate one of the diplexor and set it up as you said but didn’t work. She just has the one reciever. She did have another single tuner a few years ago but it’s unhooked. The only thing I can think of is to get under the house and follow the lines to make sure nothings hidden
That's what you're going to have to do, unfortunately. Possibly there was a splitter in the line you're using for TV1 now, hidden under the house that would have mirrored TV2 in the original setup to another room

Cable Config 1.jpg

The triplexer is a separator and a diplexor all in one.

Back before the triplexer existed, my 722 and both 612's all came with separators. I used a pair of diplexers (one at each end) for each VIP receiver, to get my OTA antenna to them all. It's kind of messy behind the receiver but who cares?

I’m trying to move my mother reciever to her living room for her but I’m having issues getting it working. I made a picture on how this thing is hooked up. It appears it would be simple to move the reciever the way the installer wired it up but I’m not getting signal nor is tv 2 working. What the best way to move this cause the room it’s currently in has a sdtv hooked to it and a hdtv as tv 2 so I want to flip it so she actually get her hd service. She said the installer said no one would understand the way he hooked it up.

According to the picture, you have or had more than one dish receiver with shared line for TV2 or the line to TV2 is shared with Internet or something else. Thats mean that you have 3rd diplexar somewhere.

Generally speaking 722 with TV2 directly connected to the 722 require OR one triplexar or separator or 2 lines from the LNB.
If the TV2 is connected indirectly with the 722 you will need separator and two diplexar OR triplexar and one diplexar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts