Move from 2 Hoppers/Joeys to 1 Hopper/SJoey/Joey?

sclaws

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Aurora, IL
I've been out of the loop here for awhile and am looking for some help on this. Right now I have three active TVs...two TV have Hoppers, and one bedroom TV has a Joey. Could someone point me to info or advise me if it would be beneficial to move to 1 Hopper, 1 Super Joey and one Joey (or another Super Joey for additional tuners)?

I'm also trying to remove one Joey/Hopper combination because I have a Joey sitting unused, but I'm still billed monthly for having it on my account. Any help would be appreciated!!

You will lose one tuner if you change to a Super Joey from a 2 Hopper configuration. That means that, today, you have 6 tuners and with the SJ you get a total of 5. You can only have a SJ on a single Hopper, 2 Hoppers are not allowed. Also, you can only have 1 SJ. The good part of the SJ and Hopper is that you can access all 5 tuners, and record from them, from any receiver location. If I were you, I'd keep the second Hopper. Now, if you want to lose a Joey, simply call and have that location disconnected. If you own the Joey that's all you need to do. If you are leasing it, Dish will send you a box to return it to them.

I have the hopper with sling and super joey and two joeys on my account- ALL of them I own. I installed the hopper with sling and super joey since May. I had two hoppers before and two joeys. I bought mine through www.dishdepot.com and he allows trade ins for credit towards the new purchase. So if you want to buy your super joey and trade in your one hopper and possibly one joey towards a super joey , Mark at dishdepot.com is the one to talk to and email and ask him how much credit you will get for your trade ins. He also does free shipping and NO tax on the purchase if you live outside of Florida. I like the super joey because everything is on ONE interface and you can set recordings in any room. You will lose one sat tuner and possibly one ota tuner , if you trade in your hopper but it was worth it to me. We have 3 people using the system and so far there have been NO conflicts between us. IF you want to do a upgrade through DISH , call them and see what they will offer you.

We would be happy to look into your options for upgrading to a Super Joey. Please feel free to send me a PM with your account information anytime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)