Move from EA 1000.4 dish to 110/119/129

javier911

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I think this may be the last question I need answered :).

If I get Dish in MI I guess they will set me up with the 1000.4 EA dish. If I later move myself to a different setup with 110/119/129 will anything go wrong? Will the receiver or my subscription be somehow tied to the other satellites?

Thanks to all for the helpful responses. I am very close to pulling the trigger on this move.

You should see no problems if you move to WA from EA. Just install the 1000.2 and perform a check switch test. Depending on where you decide to relocate, your local availability may be different. Some of the locals are not on both EA & WA. The site location will be the factor to contend with.

The 1000.4 lnb may hit two of the three satellites since two of the lnb's are close in distance apart from each other. The third is too close together though.

In my opinion as I have said before on this forum, The 1000.4 dishes are junk. The signal here in the upper midwest sucks! I am so glad when I installed my own system, I put up a 1000.2 w/ a 61.5 wing dish for HD locals, (which I really don't need because I have an OTA that picks up about 60 channels). I would never use a 1000.4 in my area. Too low of a signal and too much rain fade. If you can get a 1000.2 instead of a 1000.4, DO IT! There is no problem switching unless your locals are on EA, then just do like me and put up a wing.

And hope Dish does not one day change their system to where that non-standard, unsupported setup no longer works. Or change it again at that time.

And hope Dish does not one day change their system to where that non-standard, unsupported setup no longer works. Or change it again at that time.
I'm sure somewhere down the road, Dish will make another "GREAT" decision about where to put programming, like when they had us migrate all the Hindi Mega Pack customers that had only 61.5 to a 500+, it was a ton of migrations, (which I didn't mind 'cause it was a lot of work for us), then decide to keep them on 61.5 AND 118.7. Just another example of another chair warmer exec making a stupid decision. Or moving all the core HD from 61.5 to 72.7, again alot of migrations that need to be done so people won't get screwed out of their programming. Then they wonder why this company struggles to make money!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)