Move Service or sign up as New customer

WileyKyle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
Lancaster PA
I'm moving soon and plan on upgrading all my receivers to the Hopper. I was just wondering if I get a better deal as a "New Customer" ( I would sign up under my wifes name) or if I just tell Dish I'm moving my service?

If you sign up as a new customer, you wouldn't be able to transfer your old recordings to your Hopper using an EHD.

But yes, you will get a year's worth of better prices by signing up as a new customer.

I'm moving soon and plan on upgrading all my receivers to the Hopper. I was just wondering if I get a better deal as a "New Customer" ( I would sign up under my wifes name) or if I just tell Dish I'm moving my service?

The promotions for New/Former customers are by far the best available. It sounds like you have the ideal situation to do too. To be a new customer you must have a different name, address, phone number, social security number, birth date and credit card number. Most of that info is easy to get except for the address. Since you are moving you have everything you need.

Like it was stated before, if you have a DVR now you will lose all of your recordings. You will have to cancel your old account and send back your current equipment.

The promotions for New/Former customers are by far the best available. It sounds like you have the ideal situation to do too. To be a new customer you must have a different name, address, phone number, social security number, birth date and credit card number. Most of that info is easy to get except for the address. Since you are moving you have everything you need. Like it was stated before, if you have a DVR now you will lose all of your recordings. You will have to cancel your old account and send back your current equipment.

As long as they don't catch you before the install you are good to go.

If they find out after your installed, they will not do anything.

I would go through dish directly as if they catch you they will punish the retailer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)