Move the Atlanta HD LiL to 61.5!

izod

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
Cumming, GA
What would it take to get Dish to move the Atlanta HD locals to 61.5? I know an enourmous amount of Dish customers here that can't get 129 due to trees, hills, etc. - but most of us get 61.5. It's terribly frustrating to be told that I'd have to have a 50-60 foot pole in order to get HD locals. Bah. :mad:

This has been an issue since the Atlanta HD locals were up linked to 129. I sent an email to ceo@echostar.com and received a reply that could be classified as a non answer. It would have been quite informative if someone from E* had at least provided me with the rational used to arrive at the 129 solution for the Atlanta area. If they receive enough complaints you would hope that some type of corrective action can be taken.

I understand my next point may be a temporary issue, but it appears FOXS has been up linked to 61.5. With Atlanta being one of, if not the largest market for FOXS, and the Atlanta HD locals residing on 129, I am reminded of Ricky Ricardo when he use to say "splain that one".

If there is anyone reading this message from E* your input on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Very simple - no room for it on 61.5 and they don't want to second dishes and switches for people in the metro - and yes I know until recently you had to have a 61.5 dish for Atlanta locals.

Make no mistake, I don't disagree with you, but they would add HD LIL for Orlando or Tampa on 61.5 because you cannot use a Dish 1000 in Florida before they would add Atlanta as Atlanta can "technically" get 129 where Florida cannot. And if you don't keep up with it, Orlando and Tampa are not on their HD LIL plans currently because of this.

Last edited:
My concern isn't why the Atlanta HD locals are not on 61.5. I am one of the lucky ones, I receive 129 with no problem. My question centers on why has E* up-linked FOXS to a satellite other than the one that contains the Atlanta HD locals? They both should be on the same (61.5 or 129) satellite, unless E* will provide an additional dish and a dp44 switch.

BCH said:
My concern isn't why the Atlanta HD locals are not on 61.5. I am one of the lucky ones, I receive 129 with no problem. My question centers on why has E* up-linked FOXS to a satellite other than the one that contains the Atlanta HD locals? They both should be on the same (61.5 or 129) satellite, unless E* will provide an additional dish and a dp44 switch.

All Atlanta non-conus SD locals were moved from 61.5W to 110/119 to make room for Boston, NY, Philadelphia and DC HD LIL on 61.5 and all Atlanta HD LIL are on 129W. What are you talking about?

Last edited:
But you CAN complain about Atlanta's locals being at a 22 degree elevation in the city with more trees than most of the country!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts