Moved and Lots of Rain Issues

johnathancline

Original poster
Dec 31, 2015
Bowling Green, KY
Greetings all,

Last month, my wife and I moved to a new home. We had our Dish service transferred to our new house, and that's when the issues began. At our old home, we only had one issue with weather, and that was when we got 0.3" of ice that built up on the dish. At our new home, however, every time it rains, we lose signal and get a 015A code with a signal code of 11-12-11. I've called Dish twice and before I can even try to explain the situation, they say that "Rain fade happens." They don't even want to try to help, which has soured me on Dish by a lot.

I find it very hard to believe that I could have no issues during tornado warnings at my old home, but will lose signal with a light shower at my new home and that I just have to deal with it.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting advice that I could try, or am I just stuck with it?

Greetings all,

Last month, my wife and I moved to a new home. We had our Dish service transferred to our new house, and that's when the issues began. At our old home, we only had one issue with weather, and that was when we got 0.3" of ice that built up on the dish. At our new home, however, every time it rains, we lose signal and get a 015A code with a signal code of 11-12-11. I've called Dish twice and before I can even try to explain the situation, they say that "Rain fade happens." They don't even want to try to help, which has soured me on Dish by a lot.

I find it very hard to believe that I could have no issues during tornado warnings at my old home, but will lose signal with a light shower at my new home and that I just have to deal with it.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting advice that I could try, or am I just stuck with it?
I would suggest contacting Dirt, and arrange for a tech to come and re-peak the dish. We have had severe storms and rain and have only lost signal once or twice.
I understand your frustration Dish, specifically as it relates to their phone reps. Dirt should be your first step in resolving issues. They are GREAT!

If you want help on the forum you will need to provide information seeing we don't know what you have, we can't see it. What model and how many receivers do you have, what model dish? Are you Eastern or Western Arc? Where did you move from, who installed the dish?

If you want help on the forum you will need to provide information seeing we don't know what you have, we can't see it. What model and how many receivers do you have, what model dish? Are you Eastern or Western Arc? Where did you move from, who installed the dish?
and most of all, what are your signal numbers?

To answer your questions:

I have a Hopper 3 and two Wireless Joeys. The Wireless Joeys were installed as part of the move.

I don't know what model dish that I have - they just installed it.

I am in Bowling Green, KY so I'm assuming Eastern Arc.

I moved less than 1 mile from my previous address.

The setup was installed by Dish - not sure the specific sub contractor. It was set up through Dish Customer Service.

and most of all, what are your signal numbers?

Right now, it is on Tuner 1, Satellite 61.5, Spotbeam 32 with a signal strength of 49.

To answer your questions:

I have a Hopper 3 and two Wireless Joeys. The Wireless Joeys were installed as part of the move.

I don't know what model dish that I have - they just installed it.

I am in Bowling Green, KY so I'm assuming Eastern Arc.

I moved less than 1 mile from my previous address.

The setup was installed by Dish - not sure the specific sub contractor. It was set up through Dish Customer Service.

Right now, it is on Tuner 1, Satellite 61.5, Spotbeam 32 with a signal strength of 49.
Your reply is probably your best attempt to answer the question but it leaves some information out. I suggest you PRIVATE MESSAGE a DIRT member and get service from DISH. The fact that you are receiving signal from 61.5 confirms you are on Eastern Arc.

If you had the Eastern Arc before you moved then it sure seems like it needs to be aligned better. If you had the Western Arc before that explains some of it. There is less rain fade with the Western Arc, however that said it still should take a thick storm head and heavy rain to have rain fade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts