Moved and Now Issues

chrisreston

Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Hi all, I just moved and did not have DN move my dish because they wanted to charge me and wanted me to sign a two year. So I tried to install it at my new house zip code 85022. At first I was only getting 119 and now I get 119, and 110. I have the basic HD receiver and the Dish says Dish 1000 on it but I set it to Dish 300 in the settings because I think thats what they had it set to. After tweaking the dish a little I now get 110 and 119, but not all of my HD is there so I am thinking im missing a sat. It took forever for me to finally get 119 and 110 in. They are both a little weak but are working. My question is what is the 3rd sat I need to pick up? My dish does have three LNBs on the from of it. How should I move the dish to get all 3? More right, left? Since I am getting 110, and 119. When I do the check switch im getting 110 on port 1, and 119 on port 2. Port 3 shows connected but no sat.

Thanks

Here's my advice:

Call Dish Network and get an installer out there who knows what he is doing.

Damn right you're having problems getting the 129 (the 3rd satellite). It's hard enough for us installers to get it at times.

The 129 is a PITA.

I don't want to pay! I pay enough on my monthly bill, what do you mean PITA? I'm not sure why if im getting two of them the 3rd doesn't come in. Do I need to tweak it to the right or left? Or Up and down?

Call a local retailer and find out what the elevation and skew is for the dish you have and set that first.
Make sure your mast is plumb all the way around.
if you are using a 1000.2 dish the check switch screen should read 110. 119. 129.
If you move the dish more than a fraction of an inch at a time and watch the 119 signal until you are maxed. then check the 129 and max that one out.

I know the elevation, and the skew... I'm not sure how to adjust the skew though! I know elevation is 52 and the direction is 172, I forget what the Skew is but it is listed. I was also told to choose Dish 500 on the setup!

I'm not sure if you have a 1000 or a 1000.2 but this is what I would do.

1. Make sure your mast is absolutely plumb, this is the most important part on the 1000
2. Go get some tin foil and cover the 110 and 129 lnb.
3. Peak for 119, move left or right for max then adjust elevation for max.
4. uncover the other lnbs and run check switch. As long as you have line of site and your skew is set correct for your zip code you should have all 3 with some signal.
5. you can now adjust skew for max signal if needed.

Skew are the 2 to 4 bolts that are on the back of the dish that let you turn it clock wise or counter clockwise.

I think its the 1000 not the new one because I have had it for over a year. Which LNBS are for what? I think the 1st one is 110, second 119, and 129 is the third? I kept getting 119 on the 1st one which I was told was wrong, so I have to make sure I get it on the 2nd right?

I have used the DishMover program 3 times since I've had DISH since 1997, the last time being just a month ago, and have never been charged for it. Maybe you just need to do a little CSR roullette!!!...

really? They wanted me to sign a contract for 2 years or pay $99 since I am not on a contract now. I hate contracts! Ill give it a try again tonight. Ill also try the foil method and see how that works for me!

I don't want to pay! I pay enough on my monthly bill, what do you mean PITA? I'm not sure why if im getting two of them the 3rd doesn't come in. Do I need to tweak it to the right or left? Or Up and down?

Well, I can understand not wanting to pay or sign a contract, but at the same time I understand that Dish sure isn't going to do it for free.

I think its the 1000 not the new one because I have had it for over a year. Which LNBS are for what? I think the 1st one is 110, second 119, and 129 is the third? I kept getting 119 on the 1st one which I was told was wrong, so I have to make sure I get it on the 2nd right?

As you face the dish the lnbs are 110, 119, and 129, left to right. When you do the Switch Test, 119 will be on port 1, 110 on port 2, and 129 on port 3. Even though 119 is in the #2 middle position, I think it is wired to actually be port 1 so that it matches all previous dish configurations. Dish 500 is the correct setup.

what is it about paying for a professional to come and do what is necessary for you to receive your tv?..It's ok coming here looking for help. But when people say "I don't want to pay" it impugns an entire group pf hard working professionals who do theur best to proppery dispense this product..
.....Now .......zip 852XX your elevation is 50 * your skew is 106. azimuth 188...make sure your mast is plumb. move the dish SLOWLY left or right... use the signal meter on your tv and crank the volume so you can hear the tone. when the sound peaks, go slightly past that until the intensity lessens,, STOP,,go back 'til the sound peaks again...snug the nuts on the clamp..gently grasp the dish on top and bottom and tug back then push forard at the top....if the sound goes lower pitch each time, your elevation is good...do the same side to side..if all is good, tighten all nuts and bolts.....go inside and run "check switch".....wait for the result.
good luck

his zipocde os 850xx for point angles. azimuth 181, elevation 49, and skew 1000. but judging how you were trying to use dish 300 point angles instead of perhaps simply googling for the point angles for a 1000.2(im assuming its not a regular 1000), i dont see you being able to correclty peak the dish. you might be able to get the signal good enough to work in the best conditions, but will your signal strengh be strong enough for tolerance of winds/bad weather? also, is your system properly grounded? this is important so that the dish will not build up static eletricity that can cause signal loss as well.

Well i get all 3 port 1 is 119 port 2 is 110 and port 3 is 129 but the signal on us 61 the highest i have had it but it is gree, and the signal on 110 is 47 but green, signal on 129 is 10 and red... I dont know what way to move dish anymore i move it then lose 110 or 129!

Try elevation (up and down) and see if that tweaks the signal a bit better. Loosen the connection just enough to be able to move the dish a little with some effort. If you get a better signal, then go back and tweak azimuth (left and right). Honestly $99 is pretty cheap for getting it done correctly and peaked at highest signal strength with no contract commitment.

Is it possible the reflector may have been bent in the move. If this is the case then you are S.O.L. $99 bucks to avoid a headache sounds worth it to me.

Ok just called and got someone cool at DN, they are going to be here Monday to do the move... Also I upgraded to a DVR capable of two tvs although after reading it looks like only one hd and one sd I have two hd tvs so not sure how this will work.. But anyways the fee to upgrade and move the dish was $50 he said... There payment processing was down so he waived that fee so its free :) Does anyone have the HD DVR and is it cool? Hows the on demand?

Possible to do 2 HDTV's

Ok just called and got someone cool at DN, they are going to be here Monday to do the move... Also I upgraded to a DVR capable of two tvs although after reading it looks like only one hd and one sd I have two hd tvs so not sure how this will work.. But anyways the fee to upgrade and move the dish was $50 he said... There payment processing was down so he waived that fee so its free :) Does anyone have the HD DVR and is it cool? Hows the on demand?
It is possible to run 2 HDTV's on the 622 or 722. It will have the same program on both though. The way it is done is to hook up 1 TV w/ the HDMI and the other w/ the component out of the unit.

what is it about paying for a professional to come and do what is necessary for you to receive your tv?..It's ok coming here looking for help. But when people say "I don't want to pay" it impugns an entire group pf hard working professionals who do theur best to proppery dispense this product..

I can understand not wanting to pay. I live in a very rural area and the "Professional Installers" were 2 18 year old kids in a hatchback car that had never even seen an HD TV before. When I used Dish Mover, they also extended my contract out to 2 years without even telling me they would do so. I then found out that there was only a 30 warranty on the installation, unfortunately, there were no storms during that 30 days. I lost the signal about 45 days after the move after we had a nice windy thunderstorm. Dish then wanted me to pay a fee to have an installer come out and fix what they did not do correctly. I was on the phone longer than it took me to fix trying to get Dish to correct there mistake. I will never have Dish do it again. I fixed the problem myself after a couple of try's and some research on here. Thanks to all, this is a great site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)