Moved and out of the loop on HD with Dish!

ron2nd

Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
Ok I moved about 3 months ago from Sacramento, CA to Phoenix, AZ and want to know what if anything has changed regarding HD with Dish. I only have the Dish 500 and the 811. And hooked up via cox cable while the new house is being built. So here are a few questions..
1. Do I still need to add a 2nd dish to get the Voom channels or are they now sending out the Dish1000 or does the Dish 500 work now?
2. Did they add anymore HD channels other than the 10 voom channels,and are they still going to release more voom channels at the end of the year?
3. Is dish any closer to sending locals in HD yet?
4. Was there anything said in the last 4 charlie chats or tech chats that was
worth repeating? I know stupid question..Thanks again...

Ron

1. Yes, sort of. Voom is also on 129 now, not just 61.5. I'm not sure if your locale has any locals on 129 or not. If you can get a Dish1000, that'd get 129 for you, I believe.
2. Since the 10 from VOOM, the only one they've added is NFL-HD, companion to the NFL network.
3. Not that I've seen, but we're all still hoping for something besides CBS.
4. MPEG 4 in 2006, 21 Voom channels in the first part of 2006. That's about it.

Sharper said:
1. Yes, sort of. Voom is also on 129 now, not just 61.5. I'm not sure if your locale has any locals on 129 or not. If you can get a Dish1000, that'd get 129 for you, I believe.
Welcome to satellite guys... :wave :clap
Right now the dish 1000 is not avable to subs.. nore are the channels from voom on 129 as nothing has been announced as this is a home for them... (even though all of us pointed that way can get them) Keep an eye out during next weeks chat and questions should be answered.. as of right now you will need a dish at 61.5 untill the 1000 dollar question is answered:D