moved hopper 14 feet. get 31-12-45 signal code connection lost message

jdee

Original poster
Apr 15, 2016
WV
I moved my hopper and tv to another wall, replaced the 20ft existing rg6 cable with a new 50ft 3ghz rg6 cable I got from Phat satellite that was advertised to work with the hopper and now get connection lost message. I moved it back and still get the same error message. I noticed when I unscrewed the RG6 cable from the node it sparked at the threaded end.
I unplugged and rebooted many times. goes thru acquiring signal then goes to 31-12-45 signal code complete loss of signal.
Dish wants $150 to come out.
Should I just buy a new node off ebay or is there some other issue?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Don't tell them you moved it, and all them back for 31-11-45. It will just be $95, unless you add the protection plan, which at that point would be free for the first visit, and 8 per month for atleast 6 months...

ok I have moved the hopper and tv closer to the node and it worked fine for a 5 minutes. When I rebooted the joey its back to 31-11-45 signal code.

stumped

Did you tell them you moved the receiver and replaced the cabling ? If so, better hope the agent didn't note those details on your account.

Did you tell them you moved the receiver and replaced the cabling ? If so, better hope the agent didn't note those details on your account.
Even if they did, all he has to do is deny it. The agents don't care enough to argue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)