moved shows to ehd on 722k and they're missing!

brettb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
I have A 2TB Seagate drive connected to my VIP 722k.

I transferred several shows to the EHD. They disappeared from the 722 but they don't show up on the EHD. The available space on the EHD seems to have gone down and there are more than 400 gb still free.

Are these shows lost forever? Is there a way to get the receiver to see the missing shows?

Am I going to have to hook my EHD up to a linux box?

Thanks!
Brett

I transferred several shows to the EHD. They disappeared from the 722 but they don't show up on the EHD. The available space on the EHD seems to have gone down and there are more than 400 gb still free.

Are these shows lost forever? Is there a way to get the receiver to see the missing shows?

I have seem something like this with my 722k a wd 2tb. I thought that it was because I was low on space, however, I now believe that it is something else.

I think that there is some sort of limit to the number of titles that the receiver can list at one time. In other words, the shows are still there but they cannot be listed.

As I deleted shows after watching them, the missing shows would showed up in the list. I hope this helps. It could take more than one deletion, depending on how far above limit the receiver is

Am I going to have to hook my EHD up to a linux box?

Thanks!
Brett
Have you done this? Turn off (power down) EHD. Hard reset receiver (pull plug, 30 seconds). When back up on receiver, power back EHD. AFAIK, there is no title limit.

You almost certainly hit the 999 event limit, which IMHO is ridiculously low particularly for a 2TB disk. Your shows aren't lost; they're just hiding as you discovered. You could use Linux to move some shows off to another disk until you are under the limit, and play with the remainder.

Thank you!

I'll see about deleting shows. I'll resort to Linux to move files to other EHDs if necessary.

This happened to me a while back.
There is a 1000 (or 999) limit to the number of show that will be displayed from a single drive. I had a whole bunch of standard def shows recorded from the last few years. Plenty of recording space on the drive but limited by the actual number of shows.

Instead of deleting, you can get another EHD. Transfer some shows back to the main unit. swap the EHDs and then transfer those shows to the new EHD. repeat. Can take awhile, but you can get it done if you are patient. I moved almost everything from my main HD to the new EHD before starting, and then moved everything back when I was done. Opened up more space on the main HD for transferring.

I am now using 3 EHDs, each with their own themes. Kids/Movies/Archive. Works well for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)