MOVED TO A NEW TIME ZONE..QUESTION?

dbrabb0519

Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
Is there a way I can manually change the time on the VIP 612 or do I have to wait some time for it to change ahead an hour? I moved from Portland, OR DMA to Boise, ID DMA...

Is there a way I can manually change the time on the VIP 612 or do I have to wait some time for it to change ahead an hour? I moved from Portland, OR DMA to Boise, ID DMA...

Dbrabb,

My understanding on the time displayed on the Dish receivers is it is based on your service location. If you have not called Dish to relocate your service address then the time on the receiver will be that of your original service location.

John

Yeah, the receiver doesn't know where it's at and there's no user-controllable option for this setting either. Call Dish, give them your new address. You'll get the Boise locals and your "time" will update to reflect that.

Now, if you want to continue to get Portland's locals, do nothing, but live with the wrong time.

Question ,can you still receive Portland locals in the Boise area,it seems if your in a different location the local spot beam wouldnt work for Portland only Boise.If this worked you mean I could take my receiver anywhere there is a Dish connected and receive my locals. I think not !

Spot beams typically cover a much bigger area than people think. I wouldn't be surprised if Portland's spot beam reached Boise (and vis-versa).

This is definitely possible, where I live, there are no less than 12 spotbeam DMAs I could choose from by simply changing my service address. Some of them are in a different time zone and would cause the problem the OP describes.

Yeah I was getting all the same channels as I had in Portland including locals. I ended up spending about 35 minutes on the phone with tech support. After doing some resets, she finally just ended up pushing my new information to my system. It was wierd because it had been two days and they had my new info before I called them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)