Movies On demand ?

LAndr42

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2006
Doe's dish offer movies on demand and if so what recievers will allow you to choose the movies?

I don't mean pay per view ..

Thanks for the heads up ...

I Just called Dish and they said they don't have this offer and none of there recievers do this only can get it through cable companys ...

Not only is the selection small, but the price is higher than the PPV movies plus you can't save them.

Please, slowly put down your remote on the table....

Now, slowly back away from your TV....

Do NOT, I repeat, Do NOT try Dish Video on Demand....I can't believe that E* thinks that this approach is a good idea - a small selection of bad movies, costs more than PPV (I think), can't DVR it for repeat viewings/other family members/etc.

This technology is just not appropriate for Satellite TV at all. When I've been at my mother's house, I really like the VOD from her cable co. However, E* just needs to realize that this will not work for Satellite & fess' up to that fact & stop trying to provide a half-a##ed implementation of VOD. Myself, I can wait a 1/2 hour for the next viewing on PPV - in fact, we usually just DVR the PPV ahead of when we're going to be watching, so it's almost like VOD anyway.

Dish Networks half heated attempt at VOD added to the fact that have been showing some decent VOD content from Food Network, WWE 24/7 and other channels has me WANTING to get Digital Cable for their VOD content.

Hey Dish PLEASE stop teasing us with this VOD stuff, your only showing us how good Digitial cable is and whats not truely available to us.

If they would only enable the ethernet port and make true VOD available through that.

I thought that was the entire reason for the V.I.P. series of receivers in the first place: Video over internet protocals. THese receivers will be out a year in February and still no true video on demand yet, where as ATT has it already over their homezone receivers . These receivers use Dish as their sat service and they access over the internet anything you want . I don't know why Dish can't make a deal to use the same service as ATT does and get this baby to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)