Cinemax?

Go Sox!!

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Illinois
I am sorry if this is on another thread. I just noticed on the Dish Network website they have removed Cinemax from the movie packages, what is going on?

I noticed that they are no longer listed as a premium movies or even as a regular channel like Encore is under the Platinum Hd pack either. I wonder if they are either going to be absorbed into the regular top 180 or if they are going to be listed as part of the Hbo premium group. Possibly to justify another rate increase on Hbo coming soon , or as a punishment for Hbo asking to much in contract negotiations. Dish likes to pay hardball you know. I seem to remember a thread from a current or former Dish employee who mentioned something about a contract negotiation with Hbo and Dish was going to cut them off or something. I guess we will know soon enough though.

I wonder if this is related to Dish canceling the free Cinemax preview. Perhaps they are playing hardball with Cinemax. It'll be interesting to see what's up.

Hmmm...interesting.

Seeing nothing there for Cinemax, I decided to do a "search" for "cinemax" (On E* website). It came back with search results for "Starz" instead saying that "The query was modified to return more relevant results."

I still get my Cinemax. Or atlesast it was in the guide today. I'm not sure if I was watching it or another movie channel earlier but I think what I was watching was on one of the Cinemax's and I know they are still in the guide.

I still get my Cinemax. Or atlesast it was in the guide today. I'm not sure if I was watching it or another movie channel earlier but I think what I was watching was on one of the Cinemax's and I know they are still in the guide.

Everyone agrees that Cinemax is still uplinked and available to existing subscribers. The issue is that apparantly nobody can add this programming now. That probably means one of three things:

1. They are planning on dropping Cinemax entirely in the future
2. They are considering bundling it in with another package, most likely HBO or less likely Top 180.
3. The Cinemax carriage contract is up for re-negotiation and Charlie is playing poker again :rolleyes:

I see it is available with Hbo under the movie pack option. But it isn't available by itself anymore. I would hope that they are going to add it together with Hbo permanetly to justify the high rate they already charge for Hbo but I can't see Charlie ever allowing that much of a discount for both Hbo and Cinemax . They currently sell for 14.99 for Hbo- 8 channels and 11.99 for Cinemax-5 channels.

My brother just signed up for service a few days ago and he was able to add Cinemax as his free promo movie package. Might have been before the 1st post here on this though...

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)