Cinemax?

Does anyone subscribe to JUST Cinemax and not HBO? I never understood how they justified charging the same for Cinemax as they do with Starz or Showtime.

I have received some information that a few C Band companies have been having trouble with Cinemax as well.

Now while I am just graping at straws here, I am wondering if we are seeing the beginning of the end of Cinemax. I understand that their multi million $$$ Star Wars drive was a complete failure. In addition everything on Cinemax will be shown on HBO. My gut is telling me something is up there.

Again this is no hard facts, just mostly gut feeling combines with whatever breadcrumbs I can find.

Cinemax should be free with HBO like TMC is with Showtime

The problem with the HBO/MAX combo to me is that they started splitting off premieres between the two channels. I enjoy watching the stuff in HD/DD 5.1. Premieres are a waste on Cinemax, but if you want to see it sooner, you've got to sub to both packages.

Here's my hope...With Netflix and Blockbuster charging ~$20/month, maybe there could be something similar with Pay Per View movies. I know...too logical in the consumers' eyes and too much revenue lost for the movie guys (HBO and the like wouldn't pay nearly as much to the studios for the flicks.)

I notice that Cinemax is still listed on Directv 's website and it is still $12.00 for 3 cinemax channels. IF Cinemax does get dropped by Dish I wonder if they will drop our bills by $11.99 if we sub to the Plat. or AEP packs. It might soften the yearly price increase if they do .

The end of Skinemax?

Say it ain't so!

I like having both, but I can see where it wouldn't be compelling to many with Cinemax showing movies a few months after HBO has them and vice versa....