Cinemax?

As an existing Cinemax subscriber, I do not want to see this package go away, actually was looking forward about potential addition of Cinemax HD.
The channels, as previouly posted, are still active and working. I just sent an email to E* inqurying about removal of Cinemax from their main website and I asked about the future of the package...will see if and what they reply.

As an existing Cinemax subscriber, I do not want to see this package go away, actually was looking forward about potential addition of Cinemax HD.
The channels, as previouly posted, are still active and working. I just sent an email to E* inqurying about removal of Cinemax from their main website and I asked about the future of the package...will see if and what they reply.

Keep us posted please.

Yeah I'd be interested to see what they say. Although I have thought about canceling my Cinemax either doing that or switching it to Starz. I'm not sure which. I just only watch it probably once a week and to me that just isn't enough to really pay for it. I don't watch it as much as I thought I would but it is nice to have everyonce in a while so I can't decide if I want to keep it or not.

Well, not surprisingly, I just got "canned" reply on my email (...Thank you for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused. Unfortunately, to information is available as of yet.)
Two calls placed to cust. support did not help a lot either, the second tech placed me on hold twice trying to find an answer from his boss, the best he could come up is that website is being updated. Both of them did state that Cinemax is still available to customers and it can be ordered by calling in E* (as it is still listed as option in their system).
Hopefully Scott will get some more info from HBO.

Yup, all 5 Cinemax channels (Cinemax-East, Cinemax-West, 5StarMAX, ActionMAX and MoreMAX) are still working OK.

Two E* cust. service reps. told me that they can still add Cinemax from their side of system, so I guess for anyone that wants to add it until this is resolved or clearified, they would need to call E* directly...at least that is what I was told (did not test it personally as I have had Cinemax for the past 7 years and still have it).

Understanding that you are just speculating, speculate a little more please!
I have received some information that a few C Band companies have been having trouble with Cinemax as well.

Now while I am just graping at straws here, I am wondering if we are seeing the beginning of the end of Cinemax. I understand that their multi million $$$ Star Wars drive was a complete failure. In addition everything on Cinemax will be shown on HBO. My gut is telling me something is up there.

Again this is no hard facts, just mostly gut feeling combines with whatever breadcrumbs I can find.

I have received some information that a few C Band companies have been having trouble with Cinemax as well.

Now while I am just graping at straws here, I am wondering if we are seeing the beginning of the end of Cinemax. I understand that their multi million $$$ Star Wars drive was a complete failure. In addition everything on Cinemax will be shown on HBO. My gut is telling me something is up there.

Again this is no hard facts, just mostly gut feeling combines with whatever breadcrumbs I can find.

Thanks! Interesting that Dishnetwork would be so up on this as to change their webpage already.

I have never subscribed to cinemax, the only thing that might change that would be to get the HD version. For me though if I was going to get an extra movie package starz is a better deal since they don't share with HBO like cinemax does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)