Movies to be aired on "Gordy's Station"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I didn't want to put a "You Tube" link in the thread with discussion of the "New FTA Channel" so I made a new thread just for fun.

This John Wayne movie just hits me right and I want to share it. This would be the kind of movie that I would like to see aired on the new FTA channel. This would be an excellent movie for Sunday nights after dinner. What is really cool is that the man who sings this theme song is Ed Ames. For those who are too young to recall, Ed Ames was the highly educated Indian (Mingo) on the Daniel Boone series. He is more than just well educated.

Enjoy! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
High Noon, The Wild Bunch, Shane, The Outlaw Jose Wales, Rio Bravo, 3:10 to Yuma (the original), Unforgiven, ...

Clint Eastwood and John Wayne could fill a whole channel by themselves.

High Noon, The Wild Bunch, Shane, The Outlaw Jose Wales, Rio Bravo, 3:10 to Yuma (the original), Unforgiven, ...

Clint Eastwood and John Wayne could fill a whole channel by themselves.

LoTech,

High Noon is a definite classic that must be aired! That is the epitomy of a classic western!

And heck, you could play Clint Eastwood and John Wayne movies all day and night and I would be happy watching them over and over again! Especially True Grit and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

RADAR

"See you soon i... idi...idi......."

"IDIOTS. It's for you..."

I LOVE The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly! Classic Clint...

Absolutely Tron! But don't forget about Clints' other classics like Hang 'em High, Pale Rider, Fist Full of Dollars, Two Mules for Sister Sara (I kinda like the twist to that one), The Outlaw Jose Wales, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, Kelly's Heroes, High Plains Drifter, and of course, all the Dirty Harry movies... Clint has a collection of great "guy" movies that could keep a person entertained for months, I think. Same of course with "The Duke"! I won't even begin to list all of his movies! My PC doesn't have that much memory capacity! LOL.

RADAR

Lets not forget Lonesome Dove. Probably the greatest mini-series of all times.

Heck Yes! You know, we could go on and on for a year trying to list all the GREAT movies, why can't DN or DirecTV just play one once in a while?

(Sorry DN, but I used to subscribe to your service and your programming was usually quite lame.)

I know what I like to watch and it isn't on cable, it's not on satellite very often and it definitely isn't on HD OTA channels around here!

This is why I am really intense about starting a new broadcast company, a broadcast company for real Americans and real pioneers! Quality movies with quality acting and story lines and morals that everyone can understand and that you don't mind (or rather wish) that your kid's would watch so that they may learn something!

:angel:

RADAR

No matter what anyone says, this show was great. I think it airs on the Hallmark Channel nowadays from time to time.

This is an honest and pure show.

Detective Stakeout

I think I would like to have a Wednesday or Thursday night or both airing of great detective shows like this:

Best for last...

Television shows???

Westerns:
The Virginian, Alias Smith and Jones, Daniel Boone, The Big Valley, Bonanza, Rawhide, Bret Maverick, Maverick (ala 1980s), Kung Fu, Little House on the Prarie, Grizzly Adams, The Wild Wild West, ...

Detective Shows:
Rockford Files (tops the list), Simon and Simon, Magnum PI, A-Team (although mainly action), Starsky & Hutch, Dragnet, Kojack, Chips (a little cheesy, but who doesn't like chips & cheese), Hawaii Five-O, SWAT, Columbo, The Untouchables (an oldy, but goody),...

Television shows???

Westerns:
The Virginian, Alias Smith and Jones, Daniel Boone, The Big Valley, Bonanza, Rawhide, Bret Maverick, Maverick (ala 1980s), Kung Fu, Little House on the Prarie, Grizzly Adams, The Wild Wild West, ...

Detective Shows:
Rockford Files (tops the list), Simon and Simon, Magnum PI, A-Team (although mainly action), Starsky & Hutch, Dragnet, Kojack, Chips (a little cheesy, but who doesn't like chips & cheese), Hawaii Five-O, SWAT, Columbo, The Untouchables (an oldy, but goody),...
\
LoTech, you brought up two that I missed.... Grizzly Adams and Starsky and Hutch! I thought I had mentioned Dragnet before, but I will list it again just to be sure! :)

Gosh darn, you would think that there would be hours and hours per day where TV had something exciting to watch like all of these shows and movies! My goodness, why can the TV broadcasters not see that their stuff today is crap and they should either come up with better material or play reruns?

I'd watch reruns before I'd watch the new shows on TV today... Uh, hey, that is exactly what I am doing! HA! Watching Daniel Boone now (I recorded it at 6am). I suppose that is why RTV east and west are my most watched channels.

RADAR

All those westerns and no mention of Gunsmoke?

Larry,

I think that Gunsmoke, Bonanza and Rawhide simply are a given. No good station would be without these shows for certain! M*A*S*H and the original Star Trek go right into this category as well (not for westerns but for the obvious shows to air). You simply have to have these shows or else you don't really have a TV station!

It would be like having a burger... But, hold the meat, hold the cheese, hold the tomato and the lettuce, hold the pickles, hold the ketchup and mustard, hold the onions! What have you got left? Dry freaking bread! LOL

RADAR

Why not have a different genre every day;drama/mystery, comedy, scifi, western, action/war, detectives/spys/cops, and doctors/lawyers, etc...

Maybe... maybe not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts