"Moving" 6 miles from one state to another

Status
Please reply by conversation.

garyrox

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Lake Powell, Arizona
I did a search on "Moving" and I believe this is possible and in a post someone mentioned a spot-beam chart. Could someone with more knowledge than me check to see if the 86040 beam splays into 84741? Again, only 6 miles away.
Search answered a couple of the questions I had below. thanks again.

Six months ago, we moved across statelines 6 miles, had the direct tech come out and set up the Genie. Thought about just moving it myself as the new place already had the dish set up. had them do the move because I read that the NFL package was free with them moving it. Anyways found out they wouldn't give me the NFL package free because we only switched a year ago from Dish and got the NFL package then. But the problem is that moving across state lines, our zip code changed. Under our current zip code, we do not get HD locals, just SD locals. Our whole county is not given HD locals (never heard of that before) Could I just call Direct and tell them I've moved back to the former Zip Code and that I moved the equipment myself? I won't have to readjust the dish,will I? We are only talking six miles from old zip to current zip. If I say that I moved it all myself, will they still have to have a tech come out? I can even change my Billing address as we still have both PO Boxes, Thanks, guys

I think you would need to know the transponder Phoenix is on and see what your signal strength is in Utah.

It is more than likely safe to say that "moving" back to your old address will get you the HD locals back since it's only 6 miles. You might lose them quicker in rain than you're used to, but other than that, it's probably safe. Just add an APT 1 to your old address in case someone else moves there.

Gary,
Look at your Signal Strength and see what you have on Sat 103s, trans 15, see what you have there, if it's 80' or 90's your good.

That is where the Phoenix channels are located.

Status
Please reply by conversation.