Moving an external drive from a 622 to a 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JuanPablo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Hi All,

I'm sorry if this question has answered already. I went from a 622 receiver to a 722 and when I try to connect the external drive that I used with the 622 to the 722, it says that it needs to reformat it because it has been used by another receiver. Is there any way to work around this problem? When I called the customer service, they told me that the 622 and 722 are not compatible and that is why the drive needs to be reformatted. This doesn't sound right to me. I have filled up the drive with programming over a period of two years. I don't want to lose all those programs. Can someone please help me. I thought that the 622 and 722 were pretty much the same receivers with different hard drives.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Bo

Need more information.

Do you have both a 622 and a 722 in your house, Or, is the 722 a replacement for the 622?

However, in either case you only choice is to call Tech Support and have them resend the EHD authorization. There is absolutely nothing anyone in this forum can do to correct the situation.

Thank you for your response. The 722 is a replacement for the 622. I'll try calling the tech support again. Hope I get someone from tech support that knows how to do this. The last person I spoke to thought that the 622 and 722 were incompatible.

Do you have both a 622 and a 722 in your house, Or, is the 722 a replacement for the 622?

However, in either case you only choice is to call Tech Support and have them resend the EHD authorization. There is absolutely nothing anyone in this forum can do to correct the situation.

You might check to see if you have a "Household key number" in "Counters" If not, you need a rehit. If you do have the Household number, try unplugging from USB and replug a few times, this has fixed problem for some here at Satguys
Dan

I guess the 622 and 722 use the same software. Unfortunately the 722k has different software. You can go from the 722k to the 622 without losing your recordings, but you can no longer use that hard drive with the 722k. But you cannot go from the 622 to the 722k unfortunately, which is a much more likely migration path. :(

I switched one of my 622's to a 722k with no problems.
I am still able to move my EHD from the 722k to the 622 and back.
A rehit should resolve your issue

Check menu-6-3-counters and page down several times to the Household Key. They must have the same hex number or possibly differ by 2. In any case the re-hit should reset all and all should work. This was needed for me to get FX-HD Speed-HD (and BET-J-HD). It should not require a reboot despite the CSR saying so. To update the guide, if adding channels, to more than 2 programs may require a reboot/check switch or adjust the daily/nightly reboot time to a few minutes after current and afterwards set it back.
-Ken

bobr66 -- my household key is already the same on both receivers (622 and 722k). I'll ask tonight for a rehit. But two different tech support techs have told me the 722k cannot use hard drives that were used on the 622 without reformatting them. ?!??!?!

You shouldn't trust CSR who are just reading scripts without real knowledge - bobr66 gave you real facts. Why you still questioning him ?
Insist on resolving your issue by sending EHD authorization again !

Sorry, I am not challenging bobr66, just relaying my experiences. I called last night and asked the technician to resend the EHD authorization. The tech wouldn't do it just on my say so. He insisted it only needed to be done if there was an error on the screen and I would have to read to him the error code on the top right corner. (I was driving home and trying to pretend there was an error saying the EHD authorization was needed.) I will try again with the 4th technician. (sigh)

Cheers,
Bill

Had the same issue. Called E*...they "rehit" the receiver(s) and all worked fine. Insist on it...

By the way, I learned the 3 digit error code for a receiver that has not yet been "authorized for EHD" is 787. :)

Okay, moving on, I got my re-hit last night and am GREATLY pleased to report the hard drives can now move back and forth between the 722k and 622 with no loss of data!!

Many thanks for your advice! And wow, those tech's sounded SO POSITIVE that the hard drives were NOT compatible back and forth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)