I am confused about Turbo HD Programming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Freakdeman

Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
Kentucky
I am a current Dish customer and I am confused. I really would like to go all HD, specifically turbohd gold. However, I am not seeing the Speed, MTV, VH1, and Spike on the turbohd gold programming list.

What package do I need to go with in order to get an all HD programming with that channels listed above??

Please advise!!!

Classic Silver 250 plus HD package. Turbo's are not getting new channels added as of yet.

At least Classic Silver with SilverHD.

If have have a DVR and want locals.

DDA Classic Silver 200 = $57.99
SilverHD = $10
Total = $67.99

I am a current Dish customer and I am confused.
We completely understand; see:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/174405-turbo-hd-poll-what-do-now-2.html

I suggest you send an email to every Dish Network email address you can find voicing your displeasure and confusion with their TurboHD packages not getting all the new HD channels. If they don't get the new channels added soon, then it will be obvious that TurboHD is just being used to bait people into switching to Dish Network.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/174405-turbo-hd-poll-what-do-now-2.html

I suggest you send an email to every Dish Network email address you can find voicing your displeasure and confusion with their TurboHD packages not getting all the new HD channels. If they don't get the new channels added soon, then it will be obvious that TurboHD is just being used to bait people into switching to Dish Network.

I think it's pretty obvious now!!!

You need to listen to the last Podcast.

Scott is pretty emphatic that if Turbo subs wait a bit, they'll get what they want, but if you have to have it immediately, you need to go to a Classic package. Of course, we don't know how long the wait will be, but the impression I got from the 'cast was that it wouldn't be a real long time.

As soon as Nick HD gets lit up in "Turbo" land ... DDA TurboHD Bronze ... here I come ($40 vs $55 DDA Classic Bronze HD)!!!

you would think that the HD only package would be just that, only the HD channels they have available. Instead, they had to complicate it and make tiered HD packages that aren't exactly HD only.

Scott is pretty emphatic that if Turbo subs wait a bit, they'll get what they want, but if you have to have it immediately, you need to go to a Classic package. Of course, we don't know how long the wait will be, but the impression I got from the 'cast was that it wouldn't be a real long time.
Did he, by chance, use the word 'soon'?

I just did, and as I suspected it told me absolutely nothing new. Until I see action, it is all just lip service trying to stop the bleeding of subs.
:rolleyes: You never knew it WILL happen (at least those of us with faith in Scott do), though the when is still the variable. It's obvious you like making noise about this and I'm sure you will be raising your head again. But it get's old.

Now that Dish has so many new HD channels perhaps the can scrap the "Turbo HD" packages and go back to one "HD absolute" package.....but this time with only HD channels(including RSN if you qualify) and the only exception to no SD channels being your local(at least the ones that are not in HD)channels which is purchased seperately. What would people pay for this package?

:rolleyes: You never knew it WILL happen (at least those of us with faith in Scott do), though the when is still the variable. It's obvious you like making noise about this and I'm sure you will be raising your head again. But it get's old.
Actually, I don't know it will happen -- and neither do you!! Am I cynical -- you bet! Do I have reason to be based on Dish Network's past statements and actions -- you better believe it! Do I want to be wrong about my cynicism on this -- absolutely. But until Dish Network actually does something, then I will continue to voice my displeasure where appropriate.

I don't even get the purpose of the SD channels. I guess watching the HD on a regular TV squeezes them a little bit, but I don't really mind on my 2nd TV.

I guess the whole thing is just that Turbo HD isn't really what it is billed to be; rather than being HD only it's actually a scaled down version of the programming tier that saves you 20 bucks a month on HD. And I guess it's kind of a necessary to do it that way, because if it really were what it said, there wouldn't be much reason to have one of the classic packages.

I don't really miss the channels I'm not getting so it works out great for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)