I am confused about Turbo HD Programming

I got an idea just cancel the turbo packs and just eliminate the 10 fee for hd.

I suggested this before as a way to give DISH a leg up over the competition in cable and satellite. THe first company to do this will be the leader in the industry. Imagine how DISH could advertise this in slick advertisements in newspapers, mailers, tv /radio commercials; THE HOME OF FREE HD! They would add subs at such a terrific rate , they wouldn't be able to keep up with all the installs if they did eliminate the 10.00 hd fee. :up

I guess it all depends on if it actually costs them anything to provide HD. Is that $10 pure profit for them or is a piece of that going to networks or something. I suppose froma signal standpoint, your dish is getting all the channels and its your card that tells the box which to decode.

I think the Turbos outlived their usefulness in any case. They were a gap filler for drawing more customers who did not sign up for Classic Gold. Now they provide less HD, they will fade away.
Suggestion above is a good one....be interesting to see what they do next. I will be a bit more cautious now..although at least it is easier to make programming changes online if you are not happy. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)