I am confused about Turbo HD Programming

Really seriously doubting Dish would do anything as customer-service-oriented as listen to all this complaining. I mean, come on - jack prices up and then screw TurboHD over? It's classic Dish behavior, and I really wish I'd known more about that prior to signing up.

Currently thinking I'm going to cancel once my free credits are used up - that's the only way Charlie ever REALLY listens. Yes, I do have faith in Scott, and he means well - but he gets lied to and spun just like the rest of us, although from higher up the food chain.

It's rare I've even said many negatives about Dish..but as time goes on it is clear Turbo was a sales pitch.. maybe in Vulcan it is also translated as 'bend over'.

In any case, options like saving $2 and getting Speed and FX in HD, but losing a couple of dozen of other great HD channels, or pay $20 more to get Speed and FX channels in HD and end up with a couple of dozen of SD channels I don't need, tells me, 'there IS something wrong with this picture."

It's rare I've even said many negatives about Dish..but as time goes on it is clear Turbo was a sales pitch.. maybe in Vulcan it is also translated as 'bend over'.

In any case, options like saving $2 and getting Speed and FX in HD, but losing a couple of dozen of other great HD channels, or pay $20 more to get Speed and FX channels in HD and end up with a couple of dozen of SD channels I don't need, tells me, 'there IS something wrong with this picture."
You've been 'Turbo-Charged!' as the hype stated.

Prediction.... Charlie will fix the Turbo HD problems soon. Then he will cancel the package. Grandfather existing package holders. Screw them. Lather, rinse, repeat.
As opposed to DirecTV and cable companies who don't even offer similar HD-only packages?

The HD-only packs aren't perfect, but at least Dish actually made the effort to put together a cost-saving package for those only interested in HD channels. No other company is even attempting to negotiate such a package on behalf of their customers.

As opposed to DirecTV and cable companies who don't even offer similar HD-only packages?

The HD-only packs aren't perfect, but at least Dish actually made the effort to put together a cost-saving package for those only interested in HD channels. No other company is even attempting to negotiate such a package on behalf of their customers.

Because no one else has it is no excuse for mediocrity, on the contrary, more reason to excel.

I am a current Dish customer and I am confused. I really would like to go all HD, specifically turbohd gold. However, I am not seeing the Speed, MTV, VH1, and Spike on the turbohd gold programming list.

What package do I need to go with in order to get an all HD programming with that channels listed above??

Please advise!!!

For now, get the 250 gold package, and hit the HD button on the gude link...All HD!! :)

All jokes aside, I can see how a turbo sub could be a bit pertrbured

For now, get the 250 gold package, and hit the HD button on the gude link...All HD!! :)

All jokes aside, I can see how a turbo sub could be a bit pertrbured

Yup, and you'll pay more and get channels you may or may not like. If it is to gain two more HD channels, like FX and Speed, it might be worth it to you. Not worth $18 more a month for me. YMMV

I got an email response today from dishnetwork to the tune of:

"...At this time we don't currently have additional information to relay regarding the access of newly acquired HD channels such as FX and Speed to our Turbo customers. Please check back with us at a later date to check on the status."

FWIW

So I guess I should be thankful that they screwed me over!!!! Pardon me.

I love this part too..

"....Please check back with us at a later date to check on the status."

Yeah, like it's my job to check on you?

As I said on the 'other' forum, I should have listened to my friend Ben Dover.

Prediction.... Charlie will fix the Turbo HD problems soon. Then he will cancel the package. Grandfather existing package holders. Screw them. Lather, rinse, repeat.
As I said on the 'other' forum, I should have listened to my friend Ben Dover.
So I guess I should be thankful that they screwed me over!!!! Pardon me.
You've been 'Turbo-Charged!' as the hype stated.
LOL You guys are a riot. It would be funny if it were true. No, wait, it is funny.

But I am wondering if a new subscriber signing up for Turbo Gold today would get Speed and FX? And would he ask why if not?

Maybe Turbo was sucker bait, and I am just a big lollipop! :rolleyes:

WOW, someone complaining about Turbo HD...glad this has never been posted before...NOT...

Just kidding. I just can't believe you guys post the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER...

Can we get a Turbo HD complaint thread like the E* v. Tivo thread???

But I am wondering if a new subscriber signing up for Turbo Gold today would get Speed and FX? And would he ask why if not?
I would think they would look at the channel line up and see what's present in each of the packages.

That's kind of like questioning if a person who signs up for a Silver package would get channels from the Gold package, and if they didn't, would they wonder why they aren't getting them.

I would think they would look at the channel line up and see what's present in each of the packages.

That's kind of like questioning if a person who signs up for a Silver package would get channels from the Gold package, and if they didn't, would they wonder why they aren't getting them.

Exactly! And they would expect to get whatever HDs are in the respective Classic channels.
I certainly did when I signed up for turbo, and I GOT them, but I'm not getting newer ones now. Be interesting to know how DN reconciles that.

WOW, someone complaining about Turbo HD...glad this has never been posted before...NOT...

Just kidding. I just can't believe you guys post the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER...

Can we get a Turbo HD complaint thread like the E* v. Tivo thread???

I understand what you are saying totally, and apologize if I am dominating this thread about this issue. But if you examine it closely, there is something not quite right, whether it affects you directly or not. Assuming you are not a Turbo subscriber I can assume it does not..maybe a separate thread is appropriate.

I understand what you are saying totally, and apologize if I am dominating this thread about this issue. But if you examine it closely, there is something not quite right, whether it affects you directly or not. Assuming you are not a Turbo subscriber I can assume it does not..maybe a separate thread is appropriate.

Ah, I'm just messin with ya...it doesn't affect me...

Ah, I'm just messin with ya...it doesn't affect me...

I understand that, but I would not be so quick to write this off in jest, which is fine, but the point is if one Dish package is not giving the same number of HD channels to new signups vs. legacy subscribers there is a problem, and no reason to believe other programming packages might not be affected in other ways.

To look at it another way, if houses a few blocks away from me were paying a higher utility rate for electricity than me, I might be very curious than to just think, I'm glad it's not me. Kind of an extreme example, but I think you get the point.. ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts