Moving and Cancelling Service

DustNavy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
ID
Hey, I am not under contract, and I own a purchased Hopper 3 and no joeys.

I'm already paid through July 22nd, and will be closing on the sale of my home on July 29th. Once everything looks like it's finalized, I plan to call dish to cancel at the end of my current cycle on the 22nd of July.

Are there any hidden fees I should expect, or will my cancellation go without any cost because my service will be paid though the date of cancellation already?

Hey, I am not under contract, and I own a purchased Hopper 3 and no joeys.

I'm already paid through July 22nd, and will be closing on the sale of my home on July 29th. Once everything looks like it's finalized, I plan to call dish to cancel at the end of my current cycle on the 22nd of July.

Are there any hidden fees I should expect, or will my cancellation go without any cost because my service will be paid though the date of cancellation already?
Call on the 21st to cancel. On the 22nd, they will bill you for the next month. Same as most services, ie, Netflix, Sirius Xm, etc. Best to get out ahead of it.

Reactions: Tampa8
They may tell you they want the LNB back, if you don't want to do that the magic words are you can't safely reach them.

They may tell you they want the LNB back, if you don't want to do that the magic words are you can't safely reach them.
Good to know, plus I also purchased my LNB, so they don't really have leg to stand on with that either.

Reactions: Tampa8
Who are you going to and why?
I'm in the military and will be unable to have any service for the next 6 months while the wife and kids will be staying with family that already has Dish themselves. After that, we don't know where we'll be staying or what options will be available, but will certainly return to Dish if given the opportunity.

I'm in the military and will be unable to have any service for the next 6 months while the wife and kids will be staying with family that already has Dish themselves. After that, we don't know where we'll be staying or what options will be available, but will certainly return to Dish if given the opportunity.

Thank you for your service and your's and your family's sacrifices. :flag

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)