Moving DVR522 from room to another

txranger

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Can someone point me to instructions and pictures on how to move a DVR 522 from one room to another? I just got a HD LCD tv and wanna move the DVR 522 to were it is so I can use the RCA inputs for better pictures instead of the Coax, as well as getting the dolby surround sound through my home theater system.

Eddie Brown

Are you planning to use the 522 with a HDTV? If so, then use the s-video connection not the composite (RCA) connection.

Thank you that is the best idea, I will do that. Is there any rewiring that has to be done since this TV will become 1 and the tv which was 1 will become 2. I have a spot in the garage where the installer did some splitters and think I may have to make some changes there as well as the splitters on the reciever itself

Thank you that is the best idea, I will do that. Is there any rewiring that has to be done since this TV will become 1 and the tv which was 1 will become 2. I have a spot in the garage where the installer did some splitters and think I may have to make some changes there as well as the splitters on the reciever itself
Call DISH to come out and do the move, from your question I will guess you will need them after you mess up the connections.:)

The cable that runs from your dish to your receiver must be relocated to the other room. Then you will use the same cable for TV2 except the signal will run from the new receiver location back to where it was for TV2.

Really the only cable move is the first one.

Ok the cable I am swapping is the one that more than likely runs from the dish to the splitter in the garage which runs out two the rooms? My house when it was built two years ago had prewired outlets and coax

If that "splitter" is a Dish switch, then you need to move the one that goes from the switch to the receiver.

He has got to have 2 diplexors and a separator involved that he is calling "splitters" which is why I suggested he just have DISH come out and do it before he loses service then has to wait without programming for DISH to come out.

Thanks for everyones help. I got it moved successfully this weekend with no problems. Now i could just find a way to upgrade to VIP222 without paying 200 bucks i would be set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)