Moving EXT hard drive from one 622 to replacement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

letoatrads

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 28, 2008
I've got a 622 with the infamous free floating HDMI port. Replacement is coming later this week. I asked the CSR and they say - why SURE, just archive all your content to the external HDD you have hooked up, the new 622 will see it once they enable the USB port and I reconnect.

I seem to recall reading conversations that you couldn't move a USB drive between receivers, so can someone here chime in on this? I love E* - just don't really trust the CSR answers.

I've got a 622 with the infamous free floating HDMI port. Replacement is coming later this week. I asked the CSR and they say - why SURE, just archive all your content to the external HDD you have hooked up, the new 622 will see it once they enable the USB port and I reconnect.

I seem to recall reading conversations that you couldn't move a USB drive between receivers, so can someone here chime in on this? I love E* - just don't really trust the CSR answers.
I just replaced my 622 last week or the week before for the same HDMI issue. External hard drive transferred fine with recordings in tact.

I just would not connect the drive until the unit has completely activated, updated, and is receiving TV. This is how I did it.

Thanks for assurances - looks like I'll actually not mind this swap out =)

They eased my pain by offering me a 722 upgrade to the 811 this morning, so I'm pretty happy with E* now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)