"moving" from ARCATA, CA to San Francisco, CA

shotcalla

Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I want my local channels, and i have rabbit ears but they aren't doing the job. I've searched through the threads on which ones were the best, and bought them, only to return them because they all sucked IMO.

So, i want to know if i "move", will the local channels in the SF market reach me in Arcata, CA 95521?

LAT/LON:
40.98 124.10
Thanks in advanced!!!

I want my local channels, and i have rabbit ears but they aren't doing the job. I've searched through the threads on which ones were the best, and bought them, only to return them because they all sucked IMO.

So, i want to know if i "move", will the local channels in the SF market reach me in Arcata, CA 95521?

LAT/LON:
40.98 124.10
Thanks in advanced!!!
The Local San Francisco channels are on 119 spotbeam 7. I am in Santa Rosa and get a signal level of 68 which is very good. You could try doing a menu 6-1-1 and selecting that satellite and transponder/spotbeam and see what you get. I don't know if you are outside of the spot, but perhaps you can get a usable signal there in Arcata.
Hopefully someone from up there or closer to you has a better answer.

when i do the menu-6-1-1 and change the spotbeam, it always changes back after i select done and go back to the menu-6-1-1.

How do i make the switch permanent ? The signal strength i get from 119-7 is 50

Shotcalla, it looks like the San Francisco standard definition locals are on sat 110 - TP 26 (12588) (L), spot 43.

From what I can tell, that spot beam goes from Central California north over the state line into Oregon. So you "should" be ok. I have attached a copy of the E10 spot beam map I used to find out.

Attachments

• 2246-26s43-26.gif
    2246-26s43-26.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 215
when i do the menu-6-1-1 and change the spotbeam, it always changes back after i select done and go back to the menu-6-1-1.

How do i make the switch permanent ? The signal strength i get from 119-7 is 50

it goers back to whatever transponder the channel you are watching is on. So if you were on ESPN it goes back to TP4

The 6-1-1 just allows you to see transponder strength along the different TP's...when you exit out it goes back into normal mode

The San Francisco high definition locals are on sat 119 - TP 7 (12311) (R), spot 4.

From what I can tell, that spot beam goes from Central California north up to the Oregon
state line. So you "should" be ok. I have attached a copy of the E7 spot beam map I used to find out.

Attachments

• 0047-07s04-07.gif
    0047-07s04-07.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 209
hey whats up shot calla basically if you want to know if you can get the locals in from dish then there are 2 things you can do is either call dish and find out if they can provide you the locals/go to dish network website and type locals in search should be first opt and enter your personal information. hope this helps you out??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts