Moving from dish network to brighthouse

dwcleck

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
I'm thinking of moving from dish to bright house, my only cable provider in the area. Any opinions on if I'm making the right choice? How's customer service at BH? I live in Alabama.

What kind of DVR capabilities will I have?

My main goal is to have 4 TVs and use DVR on two. Need HD service. Do they have a good selection of HD compared to Dish?

How's their Internet service when compared to DSL via BellSouth/AT&T?

Thanks I'd anyone can help

D

dwclerk,

Your HD channel lineup is good in Birmingham. It's just as good if not better than Dish Network's.

Go to birmingham.mybrighthouse.com, go to channel lineup at the bottom and pull down Birmingham. You don't get NFL Network Yet (I think a deal will happen), HDNet, RFD-TV HD (Could Happen soon though), Veria HD and their are less HD Starz available and you do not get a lot of the stuff that's on that platinum package but other than that, your good HD wise.

Not sure about local DVR and all though.

Dwcleck I think you will find the customer service at BHN considerably better than what you have experienced with Dish or just about any other provider (from my own experience). As for DVR capabilities I'm not sure how to answer that. Exactly what are you looking for there? Since you appear interested in more than one DVR be sure to ask them about their Whole Home DVR service which is coming to your area soon. I have the WHDVR service here in Tampa and it's fantastic. As for internet you have your choice of 40/4. Turbo 20/2 or 7/512(kbps) and DSL simply can't touch that so you will certainly come out ahead there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)