Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
So I'm moving from Dish to DIRECTV soon and I know you can't have a external hd and Use the Genie HD as well at the same time so what HD would you recommend size wise ? Also my wife has shows on the hopper 3 she hasn't watch so is it possible to take shows off them and put them on the external hd and use it to watch shows on The Genie ??

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

So I'm moving from Dish to DIRECTV soon and I know you can't have a external hd and Use the Genie HD as well at the same time so what HD would you recommend size wise ? Also my wife has shows on the hopper 3 she hasn't watch so is it possible to take shows off them and put them on the external hd and use it to watch shows on The Genie ??

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I don't know what size HD to recommend anymore ....
I never tell people to get the huge ones and load them up with important stuff as if it does happen to go bad, or the recvr you will lose all the shows and people get upset about that ...

As fro moving the shows from one provider to another, that too cannot be done that I know of .... first when you plug in an external HD to D*'s system the first thing it does is reformat the drive, which will erase all thats on it.
Keep in mind that the two providers do not use the same encryption so it can't be expected to be able to read the others data.

I believe the Genie comes with a TB drive. You can use an external drive, as you know you can see both ... however you can reboot and one or the other shows up.

Those shows on the H3 are gone unless you want to spend time with a hauppauge copying in real time to a computer or keep the welcome pack to keep the dish receiver and drive active for a while.

I would just consider them trash and find them on real media, streaming or look to rerecord on Directv equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)