Moving H25-500 to room with d12-100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

heyeng

Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
South Texas
OK, so after 15+ years of Dish Network, I have fired them and gone with Directv. There have been some growing pains, but all in all, I like the service. I am having an issue, however that is driving me up the wall! I am trying to move one of the HD tuners (H25-500) to a room that has a SD tuner (D12-100). It tunes and is working great except it does not show any of the DVR items that it would show when connected in the original room. I get the message that there are "no DVRs available". My actual DVR is in the living room (HR24-500). I have to whole-home DVR setup with the wireless internet working and as far as I know, have the SWM setup. So...what am I missing here? I only want to set this up temporarily...

I do have Directv coming out in about a week to install a second DVR (can't stand not being able to pause live TV from the bedroom, hence the second DVR) so would it be easier to keep the "extra" HD tuner and just give back the SD tuner?

OK, so after 15+ years of Dish Network, I have fired them and gone with Directv. There have been some growing pains, but all in all, I like the service. I am having an issue, however that is driving me up the wall! I am trying to move one of the HD tuners (H25-500) to a room that has a SD tuner (D12-100). It tunes and is working great except it does not show any of the DVR items that it would show when connected in the original room. I get the message that there are "no DVRs available". My actual DVR is in the living room (HR24-500). I have to whole-home DVR setup with the wireless internet working and as far as I know, have the SWM setup. So...what am I missing here? I only want to set this up temporarily...

I do have Directv coming out in about a week to install a second DVR (can't stand not being able to pause live TV from the bedroom, hence the second DVR) so would it be easier to keep the "extra" HD tuner and just give back the SD tuner?

Welcome to the site !

Off topic, where abouts you at in South Texas ?
I get down that way every year in Feb/March to get out of the miserable weather up here and thaw out !

RandallA said:
You will need to remove the orange band stop filter that blocks MRV. Since the D12 doesn't need to access MRV, the filter blocks the frequencies for MRV.

This is what it looks like:

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?mc=02&p=BSFR01&d=DIRECTV-Band-Stop-Filter-%28BSFR01%29&c=Satellite%20Components&sku=

This could be the issue or it could be the HD DVR and HD need reset. MRV is a monster of it's own and sometimes receivers need reset. If the band stop filter has been removed try resetting both receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)