"Moving" has this happen to anyone?

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
Has anyone gotten 2 locals cities where they never turn off the other city??? I thought I saw something on here months ago but can't find the thread now.

I bought a used receiver maybe 2 years ago, activated it, and got both my DMA, and the sellers DMA for about 2 months before his were finally shut off. I also had his America's everything package, which was pretty nice for a couple months.

I had that happen when I "moved" from DC to Pittsburgh, I had both sets of locals for a few months and then lost them. When I lost the DC locals, I believe somebody here said that E* had updated their software to catch that type of situation.

There used to be a glitch in the system a long time ago that allowed you to have locals from 2 different cities, I had a receiver with Pittsburgh and Detroit locals for a few years until the receiver went bad and I had to get a replacement.

I got the receiver from someone in Pittsburgh, and the locals from the previous subscription moved when I transfered the receiver between accounts.

I think that was back in the days when we had the old blue cards

Yeah I sold a old high school friend on of my receivers, I had AEP and so did he untill the card swap, he never told me till he upgraded cards. he had top 100 on his primary box

my old 4700 had become their primary receiver.....

Are there any zip codes where you can get more than one set of locals due to "significantly viewed" rules?

In my county I get Dayton, OH locals. However when they launched the Lima, Oh which are closer I still get Dayton. Even though the online account says I live in Lima's DMA. Not that I care, Lima's arent in HD. So with my Antenna I get 2 different sets of locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)