Moving Hopper content over the internet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Wen Valley

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 1, 2008
We have one Hopper with sling in the RV, and a second Hopper with sling at our residence.

The residence Hopper is downloading and storing programming and we watch that programming over the internet by streaming it to a laptop with HDMI out to the TV.

Is there any way to download some of recorded programs from the residence Hopper to the RV Hopper over the internet so that I can use the RV's DVR remote to watch programs?

I also have a one terabyte hard drive connected to the RV Hopper that has Dish movies stored for later viewing. We move movies and programs from the residence Hopper to the RV Hopper before we leave for a trip. But I can't figure out a way to do this while we're on the road.

We're using a Verizon Droid Bionic as a hotspot to connect to the internet. I understand that this will consume extra data. We have the unlimited Verizon data plan.

Thank you for your help.

The way your doing it now is the best way for it to be done. There is no way to move things while your on the road. You best option there is Dish Anywhere to watch whats recorded at home.

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts