"Moving" in Pennsylvania

Ascratch

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Central Pennsylvania
New to this but here goes.....I read here about "moving" my service in order to get the HD locals thru E*. I am located in Cumberland County Pennsylvania which is not covered by the Washington DC HD locals. I "moved" my service to Franklin county which is supposed to be covered by the DC. It was no problem to get my address changed with E* but I see no effect on what I am receving. I still don't get the HD locals. I have a 61.5 dish and I have locals included in my package. What am I missing?

Thanks for any input.

Do you have one of the "metal" packages (Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Plat)? Those are also required to get HD locals I think.

Also, do you have an MPEG 4 receiver? (either a 211 411 or a 622). That is also required to get HD locals.

Call Dish and say what? "Hey I was trying to get you to turn on the Local HDs for me by telling you I moved but you didn't do it yet."
Don't know what to do from here.

It should happen right away after they change the address, right?

You should of asked when you Moved what kind of locals you would get and where they would be located etc. Call back and make sure that they are available on your sat dishes and have the TECH department at Dish reauthorize or put a hit out for your locals. Also make sure that under locals menu of the 622 , you have hd listed as the priority and not sd or sat locals disabled all together. They will then show up in the low numbers range(2-64) instead of the sd locals for the main 4 networks.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, I will give it shot

I thot they would be in the low 6000's from looking at other info.

When you say call them back, I assume you mean talk to them like I just installed this and why aren't I getting these channels right, and not discuss moving or anything about that.

Thanks Mike, I will give it shot

I thot they would be in the low 6000's from looking at other info.

When you say call them back, I assume you mean talk to them like I just installed this and why aren't I getting these channels right, and not discuss moving or anything about that.

Just tell them the truth that you heard that Dish had hd channels for that market and want to know why you aren't seeing them. He will reauthorize the hit and you should be good to go. Don't ever tell them that you are "MOVING" to get the hd locals are they will put you right back where you really are. Just act like it is a Technical issue , which it is right? Both Philadelphia and Washington D. C. are on the 61.5 sat so you should see them .

Last edited:
Thanks Mike

I did just that last night and after some work on the tech's end, something to do with a zoning issue, I have my Locals in HD. It is funny tho, I have them on the low numbers like you said but I aslo have them in the 6000 range as well. Thanks again.

Thanks Mike

I did just that last night and after some work on the tech's end, something to do with a zoning issue, I have my Locals in HD. It is funny tho, I have them on the low numbers like you said but I aslo have them in the 6000 range as well. Thanks again.

The default on the 622/211 is for the HD channels to mapped down, if you do not get HD then the sd show in that location. You can change it to want you want in the 'Local Channels' screen.

Thanks Mike

Your welcome. If you want to block out the 6000 range and clear up your guide of excess channels you don't want to see:

Hit menu, #5 Locks, #2 channel locks. You can select all the channels in the system you want locked out. When you are finished locking out the shopping channels, Ethnic and the excess hd and sd channels , etc, you simply create a 4 digit pass word and lock the system. All of the above channels you selected will be gone entirely from your guides. If you want them back simply re enter the locks menu and then unlock the system and all will be back.

** Pick a house number or something you can remember for your password because anything you Protect on your timers or shows , will need it to so you can delete them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts