"Moving" question - OTA Guide Info

probinson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
NW Pennsylvania
I just got set up over the weekend on an Eastern Arc Dish, and I have a 110° wing dish for my locals (Youngstown, OH) in SD. I have no LoS for 129° which is where the Youngstown HD locals are at. I also have no LoS for 119°, which is why I'm on the Eastern Arc in the first place.

However, I know I can "move" to Cleveland to get my locals from there instead. If I did this, I would no longer need the 110° wing since Cleveland locals are on 61.5°, plus I would get the networks on the satellite in HD.

I am able to pick up all of the Youngstown locals with my OTA, but our FOX channel is on a subchannel, and though they're broadcasting in 720P HD (on 27.2), they must reduce the quality of both 27.1 (CBS) and 27.2 (FOX) to offer both channels in HD. This results in a less than spectacular picture at times.

My question is, if I were to "move" to Cleveland, would I lose my guide data for my OTA channels?

If your true ota locals comes off of 110 sat and you keep it plugged into your eastern arc dish , you should still get your guide data for your ota locals. I had a similar situation last year in August. I had my true ota guide data fpr Beaumont,Tx coming off of 110 and Houston,Tx hd locals coming off of 110 as well. I wanted the eastern arc dish to see if the pq looked better in mpeg 4 for everything. I used the 110 sat for my side sat and plugged into my eastern arc dish. I got both hd locals and guide data for my ota channel also for Beaumont ,Tx. Since last year they have moved both guide data for Beaumont,Tx and Houston hd locals to 61.5 sat. So I get all my guide data and hd locals off of one dish. I don't need 110 anymore so I moved it to 129 sat instead: 77/72.7/61.5/129.