"moving" question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zacneely

Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
I am thinking about "moving" and was wondering does anyone know if Dish Network takes down a Dish and LNBs at the previous address if someone moves. I have a Dish 1000 (110, 119, 129) and I remember the install guy saying the LNBs were expensive and Dish would remove them if they were not being used. Is there any truth to this? I don't want to "move" only to find an install guy at my house removing the equipment. Also can anyone who has "moved" tell me how long have they been "moved" and if they had any issues with it. Thank you always.

It depends on what you signed up as, if you own the equipment then Dish has no rights to it. If you called to say you "moved" and set up the equipment at your current residence, there is no reason for them to come and take it back as they would think it is not there. If you "moved" and set up new equipment at your new location, Dish usually leaves the dish there (but they may want the lnb's/switches again depending on what was set up) in hopes the new residents would order Dish since it seems as the property is ready to go.

are you really moving or do you want to "move" for hd locals? your use of quotes around the word move are confusing.....

NOOB post of the month :)

When I had Dish, I was in a different location for 3 years. One night, I moved from Sacramento to Redding. When they turned on Redding, I realized I moved to a beam I couldn't receive. I moved to Fresno 20 minutes after moving to Redding and wasn't questioned.

If you call and "move", they assume you've taken your EQ with you and won't be visiting your "old" house.

I am thinking about "moving" and was wondering does anyone know if Dish Network takes down a Dish and LNBs at the previous address if someone moves. I have a Dish 1000 (110, 119, 129) and I remember the install guy saying the LNBs were expensive and Dish would remove them if they were not being used. Is there any truth to this? I don't want to "move" only to find an install guy at my house removing the equipment. Also can anyone who has "moved" tell me how long have they been "moved" and if they had any issues with it. Thank you always.

From what I've always understood they want their product out there. If someone were to move into a new home, apt, etc, E* would have a good shot of gaining a new sub if their equipment was already up there. If they did do this though (take the dish) a lot of "movers" would be out of service and this would be common knowledge on these boards. Do a little research on this board and you will find virtually all your questions about "moving". Some good debates as well.

Enough said by the prior posts, just do a search of comercial places in the area, pick a address close by, add a unit number, make sure the area has CONUS coverage, i.e. Atlanta, Chicago etc.

A friend - who is the ultimate definition of a couch tater - would like to hook up his trailer somewhere in the fringes of San Diego California so that he qualifies for the Distants thru AllAmDir as well as the San Diego locals from Dish.

Anyone have an idea of a city/zip he should start looking for his new trailer park home in?

Thanks!

nope, if an address qualifies for one, it is automatically disqualified for the other.

Wow, very odd. When I lived in a small California town for a three month work tour, the address qualified for the distants from AAD and the LA locals from Dish.

A friend - who is the ultimate definition of a couch tater - would like to hook up his trailer somewhere in the fringes of San Diego California so that he qualifies for the Distants thru AllAmDir as well as the San Diego locals from Dish.

Anyone have an idea of a city/zip he should start looking for his new trailer park home in?

Thanks!

You can qualify for locals with dish.
If you have an RV or anything that you "use" for camping that meets the definition. You can also qualify for All American distant nets at the same time. You have to "use' those distant nets on the receiver (s) that you will be "using" in your RV (truck,camper,) So if you "live" in Sand Diego and get a waiver for a vehicle that you "use" for camping you can also get the distant nets for when you "travel" outside the spotbeam of San Diego.

I "moved" to ATL around 5 or 6 months ago. No problems here. Just enjoying the big4 in HD!

Someone stated this before (and I apologize for not remebering who told me to give them credit):
1. Pick a city you want to "move" to.
2. Pick a movie theater in that city, use their address and add an APT # to the end.
3. Go to E* website and do the locals address checker to verify it would work there.
4. Call E* up, tell them about your summer home and it already had E* equipment there and when you plug in your stuff is there.
5. Just ask them if you can the locals of you summer home. Make sure they continue to send the bills to your real home, tho. Or if you are on ebills, it doesn't really matter.

Good luck.

I "moved" to ATL around 5 or 6 months ago. No problems here. Just enjoying the big4 in HD!

Someone stated this before (and I apologize for not remebering who told me to give them credit):
1. Pick a city you want to "move" to.
2. Pick a movie theater in that city, use their address and add an APT # to the end.
3. Go to E* website and do the locals address checker to verify it would work there.
4. Call E* up, tell them about your summer home and it already had E* equipment there and when you plug in your stuff is there.
5. Just ask them if you can the locals of you summer home. Make sure they continue to send the bills to your real home, tho. Or if you are on ebills, it doesn't really matter.

Good luck.
6. Make sure HD locals are on a spot beam you can "see".

MisterLas,

Do you get PeachtreeTV on the Atlanta locals?

And living in South Alabama, if I wanted to "move" to Atlanta, How do I find out if I am on a spotbeam that will work for HD locals? SD locals? I am set up for 110, 119, 129 and 61.5.

Thanks.

I used the online chat and "moved" my service address to Denver in maybe 90 seconds. No questions asked, My only regret is that I wish I would have done it years ago!! It was very painless.

MisterLas,

Do you get PeachtreeTV on the Atlanta locals?

And living in South Alabama, if I wanted to "move" to Atlanta, How do I find out if I am on a spotbeam that will work for HD locals? SD locals? I am set up for 110, 119, 129 and 61.5.

Thanks.

First off, let me state that I do get all the big4 channels in HD. All the SDs, I do not receive.

I see on Ch17 a WPCH, which after checking DISH Network on EchoStar 8/10 at 110.0°W - LyngSat it appears to be peachtreetv. I do not get this channel, it is on Spotbeam 20. I am only hooked up for 110, 119, and 129. I have yet to hook up a wing dish. I just always assumed the locals (in SD) were on 61.5. But one would think I would get that seeing as it is on 110. Anyone got any ideas on how I could get the ATL local SDs? Is there something technical that I am not wrapping my head around yet? lol

And to Mad Duck, check out:
Packages - North & South America - LyngSat

It is a list of the satellites and providers. Click on DishNetwork on your sats and you will see more info as to what channels are offered on which sat. Hope that helps out some too.

Wow, very odd. When I lived in a small California town for a three month work tour, the address qualified for the distants from AAD and the LA locals from Dish.

My address qualifys for both. I get Nashville channels from Dish and San Fran and ATL from AAD. They are independant of each other.

Voyagerbob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)