"moving" question

diat150

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
Louisiana
I dont want to turn this into a moving is great moving is the devil argument so please dont go there. about two weeks ago I "moved" down the road a ways so that I could get a preseason football game, I told them I was camping. well i was going to leave the same address until preseason was over. I check today and now they have put my original locals back on and took the others off. I did plug my phone line back in after a few days so that I would escape the charges for that. and quit getting the message. just wondering if you think they will let me go "camping" again this weekend? Obviously they must have someone that looks at this stuff pretty closely.

IMO, I never connect a phone line and just suck it up and pay the fee. Works great! I have been moved for quite a few times and still not at my billing address now!! In Greenville SC here but with Charlotte NC locals!--Heck my real locals are ITC on OTA in HD! So why pay for them thru Dish, I'll just get another city!! :up

Also never tell them you are camping, they may want you to get another acct, just call and simply tell them to change your service address but not the billing, they don't have to have a reason, tell them you are moving from your mom's house, and when you need to change is back, just say you moved back home!! I usually don't give them a reason.

As the poster before said, "camping" is NOT the right word to be using. Tell them you are going to a vacation home for an extended period of time. Again, as long as you are NOT trying to use multiple receivers on different phone lines in both locations, having the phone line is NOT an issue. Have had a phone for years & have NEVER had a problem with loosing my Chicago locals. ;)

same here. I had 3+ years of a "moved" address and the phone was hooked up with no issues. Dono't have it hooked up now as I am cell only

I dont want to turn this into a moving is great moving is the devil argument so please dont go there
VERY WELL PUT!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)