Moving soon - Have a few questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Patrick G.

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2003
Okay, I will be moving about 60 miles at the end of the month. I am currently a DirecTV subscriber using 3 receivers in 3 different rooms. The main room/receiver is a dual-tuner SD DirecTivo. I’m not exactly sure which dishes I’m using (I’m writing this on the spur of the moment), but there are 2 of them on the roof. When I move to my new house, I would like to have whatever dish(es) are necessary to “future-proof” (if there is such a thing) me as well as possible. I want to be able to use a dual-tuner HD DVR (when I decide to purchase one), and be able to receive all available locals in HD… basically any and all available programming. How do I go about getting this done with DirecTV? A few follow-up questions:
1. Will they run cables professionally (inside the walls) to all rooms?
2. How much out-of-pocket can I expect for this? I’m assuming this all won’t be part of the “mover’s package”.
3. What type/model dish(es) am I looking for?

You will have to use D* Movers Connection at 1-877-616-MOVE. They will basically put up a dish to get you connected for your current services. You will really need to negotiate all these things with them as they will only offer you the basics. New wall fish to all rooms will definitely be an upgrade and you will need to negotiate this with the installer. You will be better off scheduling this yourself as D* may say they will inform the installer but the installer will probably show up at 5Pm for a quick dish install and never expect to do all the other stuff. I have found communication between the contractor and D* installs very lacking.

RicS said:
You will have to use D* Movers Connection at 1-877-616-MOVE. They will basically put up a dish to get you connected for your current services. You will really need to negotiate all these things with them as they will only offer you the basics. New wall fish to all rooms will definitely be an upgrade and you will need to negotiate this with the installer. You will be better off scheduling this yourself as D* may say they will inform the installer but the installer will probably show up at 5Pm for a quick dish install and never expect to do all the other stuff. I have found communication between the contractor and D* installs very lacking.
So, why would a new wall fish to all rooms be extra if that's what I currently have?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts