Moving this Post - Clarification needed for Dishin it up???

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
Clarification needed for Dishin it up???

I need a few clarifications on this promo for existing subs before I call to do the upgrade...I want to be sure I know how it's supposed to work before I call. I currently have an 811 (w/ old HD Pack of 5 channels) and a 301 (both leased) can I trade them both in with this promo? Their website says "Limit of 2 receivers or 3 tuners per transaction". I would like to upgrade to 1 HD-DVR (622) and 1 HD (211). Am I understanding this correctly that I should be able to do this? If so, can someone confirm these costs will be correct -- $149 up front for 622, then a $49 credit, then 10 $10 credits if I take the $20/month HD pack, which I will, that is why I want the HD receivers. Do I still get the 10 $10 HD credits since I'm already an HD subscriber with the old 5 channel pack? I would think that I would since I would be upgrading to a new HD package that costs more. If I get the 211 as well, will I also get the $49 credit for it? Their website says I will.

If this goes as I think it should and I get these 2 new receivers can someone confirm these charges:
Dish DVR Pack for 622 (AT200, locals, 1 DVR Fee) $50.00
HD Pack $20
Addtnl HD receiver fee (211) $6

Am I correct to think that I only pay a lease fee for receivers beyond the first? I'll have both receivers plugged into phone lines. Will I get my HD locals on the 211 as well, or will I have to pay for locals twice? Am I missing any other fees here?

Will the installer add a 2nd dish for 61.5 (HD and DC locals) for free? and will they give me the DPP separators, diplexers and DPP Twin LNB for free?

sorry for the long post, but I really want to understand all of this before I do the upgrade. thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I need a few clarifications on this promo for existing subs before I call to do the upgrade...I want to be sure I know how it's supposed to work before I call. I currently have an 811 (w/ old HD Pack of 5 channels) and a 301 (both leased) can I trade them both in with this promo? Their website says "Limit of 2 receivers or 3 tuners per transaction". I would like to upgrade to 1 HD-DVR (622) and 1 HD (211). Am I understanding this correctly that I should be able to do this? If so, can someone confirm these costs will be correct -- $149 up front for 622, then a $49 credit, then 10 $10 credits if I take the $20/month HD pack, which I will, that is why I want the HD receivers. Do I still get the 10 $10 HD credits since I'm already an HD subscriber with the old 5 channel pack? I would think that I would since I would be upgrading to a new HD package that costs more. If I get the 211 as well, will I also get the $49 credit for it? Their website says I will.

If this goes as I think it should and I get these 2 new receivers can someone confirm these charges:
Dish DVR Pack for 622 (AT200, locals, 1 DVR Fee) $50.00
HD Pack $20
Addtnl HD receiver fee (211) $6

Am I correct to think that I only pay a lease fee for receivers beyond the first? I'll have both receivers plugged into phone lines. Will I get my HD locals on the 211 as well, or will I have to pay for locals twice? Am I missing any other fees here?

Will the installer add a 2nd dish for 61.5 (HD and DC locals) for free? and will they give me the DPP separators, diplexers and DPP Twin LNB for free?

sorry for the long post, but I really want to understand all of this before I do the upgrade. thanks in advance.

The package pricing LOOKS correct, but someone else will have to comment on the final balance. Using the DIU promotion doesn't have any effect on your HD credits so long as you maintain that programming rate, there are leased receiver fees for EVERY leased receiver on your account, not just everyone after the first... the credits look right but under the new promotion I'm unsure if there is a 1x$49 credit trade-in limit, DIU's requiring a second dish are charged extra by most retailers (why would you expect the equipment free?) and probably more for additional cables.

DIU is considered by most as throwing a new leased receiver or two onto your account in exchange for an old leased or purchased unit. That's the sole extent of the promotion. When a second dish, programming changes or extra equipment is involved your fees tend to increase exponentially. That said, this is all on the premise that you're doing the DIU through a retailer. If you're doing it through DISH directly, service call and equipment fees at cost also apply.

Techs don't get paid beyond the equipment the work order calls for and a modest upgrade commission.

I don't even try to figure out what Dish does when it comes to sales, too many what if's.

However, I do believe the following is true....

- Programming includes one lease receiver. When there is a dual receiver, the dual receiver will count for the first receiver.
NOTE: Programming refers to minimum packages, and not some such as "subscribing to locals only".

- Although you may have an additional receiver fee, the programming package applies to all receivers on the account with no additional fees. Your programming applies to all receivers on the account.
NOTE: Some receivers may not be able to receive such programming, and therefore would not receive it, but only because it is not capable. Such as SD can not receive HD, and some older receivers do not support certain satellites.

I believe the above is correct and hope it helps.

Last edited:
The $50 rebates say for each receiver. I would be willing to bet that you will not get the $100 HD rebate - you already have HD in one form. However, I have never had them charge me for any equipment required to fulfil the requirements of an upgrade, when dealing directly with Dish. The Dishin it up promotion states "free standard installation". For me they ran a 100' wire to my barn to get 61.5 for locals and some of the HD, ran the necessary cables for my 622s' TV2s and provided the necessary switches. You should ask for and/or expect nothing less.

Pat:D
</IMG>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)