"Moving" to a different time zone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Here's the background -

I live in Indianapolis (in the Eastern time zone), but recently I had to change my Dish 1000.2 to two Dish 500s with one pointed to 61.5 due to LOS issues.

Since there don't appear to be any conus local HD channels on 61.5 anymore, and since the only other HD locals in my spot beam are in the central time zone, how does it work if I move to a Central time zone city? Is the 622 smart enough to display the correct shows in the guide at the correct time, or is it a more manual process?

TIA,

Jeff

The 622 (or any dish receiver) will show the time as the local time in the city you are "living in" or "moved to" as the case may be. So, if you move to Denver your receivers will all show mountain time. Even if you were in IN.

The 622 (or any dish receiver) will show the time as the local time in the city you are "living in" or "moved to" as the case may be. So, if you move to Denver your receivers will all show mountain time. Even if you were in IN.

Ahh... makes sense -- so everything in the guide would show up in the different time zone.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)