Moving to a new location for real

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skihoodoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 10, 2008
PERSHING COUNTY NV
Last Monday when I checked the locals for the area I'm moving to 89421 It said the locals were Reno Nevada.
When I checked on Thursday it said that locals were not available and no one's able to tell me why
DirecTV is still able to provide locals to that area.
I enjoy prime time anytime. And don’t want to loose that access
Now I do have the new ota adaptor locals are avail ota even some Idaho channels but I like to watch me tv type stuff as well
Below are pics that show the area and the dish locals screen and finally the directv locals page

IMG_1303.jpg
IMG_1304.jpg
IMG_1305.jpg
IMG_1306.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Looking at the location, an option could be to complete the physical move and see what you actually get as far as locals, then if you get none, or don't like what you end up with, you could "move" to either Reno or Boise to get those locals. By "move", I mean call in and give them a different "service" address in one of those larger cities, but leave your "billing" address where you actually live. Some folks do this to get their favorite sports team games, but it has to be a city fairly close to stay within the same satellite spotbeam.

Looks like McDermitt is not too far from the center of the Reno spot beam, should get a good signal.

Reactions: DWS44
Looks like McDermitt is not too far from the center of the Reno spot beam, should get a good signal.

Looks like it may have something to do with the sd locals I am noticing 1 channel is missing and it’s only available in sd

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Looks like it may have something to do with the sd locals I am noticing 1 channel is missing and it’s only available in sd
Huh, this is the current list for 89421
Local Stations
Station Channel HD/SD
Reno, NV - ABC (KOLO) 8 HD
Reno, NV - CBS (KTVN) 2 HD
Reno, NV - FOX (KRXI) 11 HD
Reno, NV - MNT (KAME) 21 HD
Reno, NV - NBC (KRNV) 4 HD
Reno, NV - PBS (KNPB) 5 HD
Reno, NV - UNVSN (KREN) 27 HD

The OP listed 89421 as his target zipcode and then had a picture of satellitefinder in McDermitt, then a picture of (I don't now where he got it) of offerings for 89421. Maybe that should be settle first, 89421 or 89425?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts